The Birth of Krishna

Ugrasena was the king of Mathura. Ugrasena's wife, when was walking outside, shadow of a Rakshasha(demon) fell upon her body. She found out that she got pregnant due to the shadow of the demon. Sage Narada told Ugrasena,that the child to be born will be the most disastrous. Hearing this, Ugrasena got afraid.

When baby was born, Ugrasena kept him in a leaf and sailed him in a river. Near the river, there was a king called 'Surasena'. The father of Surasena was Devmidh. Devmidh, had two wives , from one Surasena was born and from other 'Parajanya' was born. Parajanya had five sons named: Nanda, Upananda, Sanand, etc and son of Surasena was VASUDEVA.

One wife of Devmidh was 'Vaishya' and the other was 'kshatriya'. Surasena , according to his father's varna, declared himself as kshatriya and Parajanya according to his mother's varna declared himself as Vaishya and did the work accordingly. One day, when Surasena was bathing in river he saw a baby in a leaf. He didn't know his identity. He bought him in his home, and took care of him and named him 'KANSA'.

As Kansa grew old, Narad ji thought, " Now the avatar should take place!". Narad ji said to Kansa, " You know this is not your father! Your father is the king of Mathura. ". Kansa got angry, and went and attacked Mathura. He went to Mathura, killed many people and captured Mathura. Ugrasena scolded him saying, " You should be ashamed of yourself!" Than Kansa sent his own father to the jail.Kansa now ruled over Mathura. He ordered everyone in Mathura not to give any Yagna to any devatas. He told all of them to do only Yagna of him, do pooja of him and japa of him and only him.

Ugrasena had a brother named 'Devaka' whose daughter was 'DEVAKI'. So Devaki and Kansa were cousin. Devaki was afraid of Kansa. He felt pity on his sister, because she was afraid of him. So to build a good relationship with his sister, he married Devaki with the son of Surasena 'Vasudeva'. When Kansa was doing 'Vidaai' of Devaki then he heard 'Akashvaani', "Hey Kansa! You are very happily marrying them! Don't you know, their eighth son will be the reason of your Death."

In Deva loka, Due to Kansa's sin and his violence, earth goddess had to bear a lot

Goddess Earth pleaded the Devatas and Devatas did 'Ksheer Sadhana'. They all wondered, "How to call god?", when Lord Shankar advised them to do Kirtan. Devatas began to do kirtan when Lord appeared and said,"Don't worry, I will be coming soon. All of you, be a part of my leela and take birth in 'Vraja'." Devatas began to dance out of joy when Lord Brahma said, "You don't be sure that you will be born in Vraja. You will have to do Tapasya and Sadhana!"

 You will have to do Tapasya and Sadhana!"