Kidnap of Subhadra

Arjun went to Vanvas for twelve years to fulfill the pledge taken by each Pandava brother that when Draupadi would be one brother for one year duration, no other brother should breach the privacy. During his travel though Bharatvarsha , Arjun had a one night marriage with Ulupi,; then after some time during his travel he liked Chitrangada, princess of Manipur, who had all the qualities of a warrior prince and Arjun liked her qualities. He proposed marriage to her father who agreed on condition that Chitrangada's son would be the future king of Manipur and she would have to stay in Manipur only. Arjun married her and stayed there for 3 years till Chitrangada conceived and gave birth to Babhruvahan.

 Arjun married her and stayed there for 3 years till Chitrangada conceived and gave birth to Babhruvahan

Arjun then traveled to Prabhasha at the eleventh year of his sojourn and Krishna took him to Dwaraka. One day during a festival Arjun saw Subhadra and was mesmerized by het feminity and beauty. Krishna observed Arjun and asked him whether he wants to marry her, his sister Subhadra. Arjun showed her eagerness to marry her and asked Krishna how could that be achieved. Krishna said that they could arrange a Swyamvar for Subhadra but Krishna could not be sure that Subhadra would chose Arjun as she did not know him. Then Krishna suggested Arjun to kidnap her as he did for Rukmini as it was an acceptable way to take a bride. Arjun wanted consent of Yudhishthir and he sent a person to Khandavaprashtha for Yudhishthir.

One day, when Subhadra went to Raibatak mountain for Puja, with her body guards, Arjun followed her in a chariot. After she finished her Puja, Arjun lifted her in his chariot and sped away. Subhadra did not raise any alarm, the guards were scared to attack Arjun and they came back to Dwarka and reported the matter. Immediately, war bugles were sounded and an urgent meeting was held in the assembly hall Sudharma of Dwaraka. Balaram and others were furious and they wanted to attack Arjun. Krishna argued the cool logic that Arjun is a suitable groom and how important is the alliance politically and geographically with Pandavas and Yadavas. All listened to Krishna's logic and brought back Arjun and Subhadra. Yudhishthir's consent also arrived and they were married. In Subhadra, Arjun got the wife who was only his and they had very good understanding.

 In Subhadra, Arjun got the wife who was only his and they had very good understanding