Chapter 21

I stormed my way into my room threatening to tear the room down with every step. I stood hovering by the drawer which lay on the ground. The empty wooden box which would soon be filled by the things that keep me safe.  I sat down, crossing my legs. I felt my anger dissipate and was replaced by a kind of sadness that I couldn't explain. I took a knife out of my belt, balancing it between my fingers. Why had I become so accustomed, so dependent on such a small pitiful thing?

 I pushed aside my sadness and quickly wrenched all my weapons from my body, throwing them into the drawer before kicking it under my bed away from my eyes sight. I stood, brushed off the invisible dirt I had accumulated during my mission before taking out the piece of shirt I had taken from my victim.  I placed it on my bed, letting the red blood stain rub off on the white sheets. They were too clean.

I stood then and walked quickly out of the room, not giving my brain enough time to change my mind. Once I was out of my room and the door was locked I felt relieved. My anger, frustration, sadness, my emotions dissipated. I head to the infirmary where I was quickly informed that Neco had been let out earlier. I passed through the canteen hoping to see him there.

By the time I got there the number of people eaten was quite small and it made it so much easier to notice Neco sitting, with two girls and another guy. I began to turn round, not wanting to join him with his friends when he noticed me. He stood up and shouted over the hall to me.

"Hey, Aima where you going, get over here!"

I felt the entire canteen turn to watch me, my face went red and I rushed over, I reached the table and jabbed Neco in the ribs, resulting in a satisfying moan of pain from him.

"Why the hell did you do that?!" I quietly screamed.

Neco just laughed then bent over wincing. I helped him sit back up straight before continuing.

"I thought you said you'd be fine in the morning, if it still hurts that much just laughing then I would hardly call that fine."

Neco stopped laughing and twisted his body slightly, testing out the pain.

"I am fine. Unless I laugh then it hurts like hell. Stop worrying so much, I've had worse. Anyway how did you're mission go?"

I sighed, not bothering to argue my point but instead sat up straighter as I recounted my mission.

"It was pretty easy, the guy was a weakling. I still don't know my way about city so Dan had to drive me to where he thought he would be. He was there, he ran, I caught him, I killed him, he screamed, I left. There that's my mission in a nutshell."

Neco looked disappointed.

"Really that's all? He didn't even put up a fight?"

I thought back, trying to remember if he had or not.

"No, I surprised him, slashed his face and he spent the rest of his life covering his face."

Neco sat back speculating my story before snapping back to reality as he clocked his company staring. He sat up awkwardly as he went red under the pressure of their stares. Then the guy at the table spoke up.

"Dude, since when have you been such good friends with the blood assassin?"

I cringed to myself at the sound of my name being spoken that way.

"Please, call me Aima I don't like the English version."

He looked at me, slightly awe-struck for some reason before glowing a bright red.