.•.New york, New york.•.

•Jack's Diner sat tucked in a building in the middle of the city but was only known by a few dedicated customers that always chose to eat there

.•Jack's Diner sat tucked in a building in the middle of the city but was only known by a few dedicated customers that always chose to eat there.

The place was a gem. Everyone who went there knew each other, it was the kind of place where you would go in, say hi to the servers and sit down, then your food would would arrive without you even having ordered because they knew exactly what you wanted.

Mina always appreciated the intimate feeling of this place. She had always been alone, so it was nice to have this moments of being part of something bigger than oneself.

Putting her bag in her normal booth, she moved over to the jukebox and looked around, trying to find some music to set the mood. It was at this moment that the front entrance bell chimed, telling her that someone had just entered the diner.

With her back still turned away from the door and still looking at the music selection, Mina was hit with the most alluring scent she had ever encountered. She knew that whoever had entered was surely a vampire, but their scent didn't put her on guard, in fact it calmed her down.

The emergence of this lovely scent told her that her mate had come in and she wondered if the other vampire knew too. Opting for a more flirty vibe, considering this new development, she chose a James brown song. Who couldn't fall in love with a little funk playing in the background.

She put in her coins and the song started playing. As she turned around she noticed a blonde had taken a seat in her booth. The strangers back was to her so she couldn't see her, but her scent was intoxicating to the hybrid.

She smirked at this, and knew that that this was the vampires way of saying 'I know you're here'.

One of the waitresses at this point was tending to the blonde as Mina took her seat across from the vampire. While She spoke to the waitress, hearing about specials and all that kind of stuff, Mina took this opportunity to take her in.

She was wearing a red dress, her blonde her was done up nicely in the style of the times. Her lips red and her eyes gold, a feature that reminded her of someone in her past for a brief moment.

Mina wasn't the only one checking the other out, while the waitress spoke to her, she was half listening as she kept her eyes on the woman who sat in front of her. The first thing she noticed was her scent, she smelled of rain and an earthy tone, but also something tropical she couldn't quite place.

She had hazel green eyes and shiny light brown hair that went just past her shoulders. She was no doubt beautiful.

"So what would you like." Evelyn the waitress asked her, noticing that the blonde and brunette kept making eyes at each other. Women being into women certainly wasn't the norm in that day and age but this was New York, where everyone minded their own damn business.