.•.Unlikely Friends.•.

"Do you regret going?" Edward asked Bella as they pulled up in the school parking lot, behind the Jeep where Mina sat alone with her feet propped up on the dashboard people watching

"Do you regret going?" Edward asked Bella as they pulled up in the school parking lot, behind the Jeep where Mina sat alone with her feet propped up on the dashboard people watching. Jasper and Alice went off on their own, to presumably have couple time before school.

"No, it was really great seeing my mom." Bella told him has she hugged her knees to her chest. From the Jeep in front of them, Mina was listening and watching them through the rear view mirror, wondering why the human had her shoes on the seats. Rosalie would have literally murdered her if she did that in her car.

"It's just hard saying goodbye." Bella continued.

"It doesn't have to be goodbye." Edward said with his usual flare for dramatics which made Mina roll her eyes. Like did you guys literally promise the volturi that you were gonna turn the girl. How was Edward still hung up on this chick staying human, god she wanted to kill him so badly. She was actually on Victorias side high-key.

"Is that why you asked me to go, you thought I would change my mind?" Bella asked him with a slightly incredulous look.

Edward huffed some air from his nose in a half laugh, "I'm always hoping for that." He said before noticing a very distinct dog smell. The boy to which that scent belonged had been staring at Mina with narrowed eyes since Edward and Bella pulled in. Jacob, like the other wolves witness the scene of Mina catching Victoria and then throwing her to them, they weren't sure what to make of the hybrid.

Not to mention that Edward and Bella returned the day before and the only update that Edward had gotten on the Victoria situation was over the phone and that they hadn't caught her. He wasn't told the whole truth as of yet.

"If I told you to stay in the car would you?" Edward asked as Bella furrowed her brows at him. Edward opened his door and got up to leave, Bella doing the same thing disregarding his statement.

"Of course." Edward said laughing to himself.

Bella walked out in front of Edwards car before seeing why Edward just turned moody all of a sudden. The sudden pep in her step when she say Jacob didn't go unnoticed by Mina as the couple walked passed the Jeep she sat lounging in. She threw Edward a smug smirk when she noticed that Edward noticed Bella's sudden shift in happiness too. Oh how she loved to see him suffer, it was like a reward.

Mina decided to step out of the car, opting to lean against the driver side to get a better look at the love triangle.

"Hey" Bella greeted Jacob.

"Charlie said you left town." Jacob said unenthusiastically, trying to ignore the bronzed haired toothpick next to the love of his life.

"Yeah to visit my mom why?" Bella asked him trying to get a read as to why he was acting kinda cold towards her.

"He's checking to see if you're still human." Edward said with a laugh, like Jacobs thoughts were absurd.

"That's a perfectly valid thought." Mina said as she approached the trio with a shit eating grin, "what else is he to think when a vampire who finds it hard to control his thirst of his alleged 'mate' whisks her away?" She continued opting to stand next to Jacob to further irritate Edward. Jacob side eyed her, but agreed so he didn't say anything about her proximity to him.