.•.Breadcrumbs part 2.•.

"Edible art

"Edible art." Edward said, startling Bella enough that she dropped her apple, prompting Edward to kick it back up before it could touch the ground.

"Seriously...you couldn't have just let it fall like a normal person." Mina said, knowing Edward was listening.

"Thanks." Bella said unsurely. "You know your mood swings are kinda giving me whiplash." She said as she walked around the food display.

"Imagine how we feel." Beverly said, rolling her eyes at Edwards behaviour. He wasn't just putting himself or Bella for that matter in danger. He was putting all of them in danger by perusing Bella. They couldn't understand how he could be so selfish, especially for a bloodsinger.

"I only said it would be better if we weren't friends, not that I didn't want to be." Edward said trailing behind her.

"What does that mean." She asked him. "It means that if you were smart, you'd stay away from me." He said.

"She was staying away from you, you're the one talking to her now." Emmet said in a whisper shout.

"So let's say for argument sake that I'm not smart, would you tell me the truth?" Bella asked him. Blissfully unaware of the brewing anger at the Cullen table.

"No probably not." Edward quickly retorted shaking his head.

"Probably?" Mina questioned not liking the vague nature of it. A simple no would have worked better.

"I'd rather hear your theories." Edward continued on. On the other side of the cafeteria, Mike newton and Jessica were watching Bella and Edward interact. Mike because he had a thing for Bella, and Jessica because she couldn't understand why she wasn't good enough for both Mike and Edwards affections.

It was this point that Mina stopped listening to their conversation and instead put all her attention on Rosalie who was also silently fuming beside her. If this were a cartoon, there would be steam emanating from her ears. She gave Rosalie a kiss on the cheek, prompting the blonde to look at her, which she did.

She gave a reassuring look as she did the good old yawn to arm around your girl move to pull Rosalie closer to her. Making the Blonde smile, though a weak smile, she still took it as a win as she kissed the top of her head.

.•.*.•.*.•.

The weekend came around and Bella and the rest of her friends took their trip to La Push beach.

It was here that Bella, via Jacob Black, the reservation kid who had a crush on Bella ever since they were kids, told Bella about his tribes stories about the Cullens, after one of Jacobs friend made a comment about the Cullens not being allowed at the beach.

The legends he told her spoke of the tribe people being wolves and the Cullens or the pale faces as he called them being cold ones and bloodsuckers.