𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

EXCUSE MY MISTAKES
10 MONTHS LATER

DAYVON DAQUAN BENNETT

"C'mon phat, let's go have a picnic

"C'mon phat, let's go have a picnic." Von smiled, parking his blue dodge charger. Von let out a sigh, it felt like a good day to have a picnic so he decided to bring her with him.

Getting out of the car, Von walked around and got out the car to help her out. Dayvon grabbed all of the items, blankets, the picnic basket, and etc.

They walked around until they found the perfect spot. Helping her get settled before setting up the picnic, it felt right.

Von stared down at the gravestone with the love of his life face on it. He missed Sinyaa so much, the beautiful smile that always kept him on his toes.

Von did his usual dusting off the the dead leaves, and dirt. Changing out the old red roses to the blue roses.

Von always took the time to visit her every weekend after her funeral, and he wouldn't miss a day. All three days off the weekend he'd spend it there with his little girl.

Looking at 10 month old A'aliyah, who sat in her carseat chewing on her fingers. Von looked at her while she stared at him with the same bambi eyes as her mother.

He always felt the need to cry when his daughter reminded him so much of his mother. Von took out the McDonald's bag from the basket, and bottle for her.

Even though she wasn't here, he'd still bring her food—McDonald's hot n' spicy. The wind blew a cool breeze over him, it wasn't cold
It was comforting.

Von looked around to see the cemetery almost empty, 2 or three people visited their dead loved ones, and left soon after.

A lumped formed in his throat as he stared of her grave. "I miss you phat." He croaked out.

"Liyah learned how to crawl, and roll over." He informed her, even though he knew she wouldn't reply to her be would still talk to her.

Unbuckling A'aliyah from her car seat, he picked up the chubby girl, and sat her in his criss crossed lap.

"She grownin on us phat, my ma been helpin me wit her when I get overwhelmed. We miss you alot though, I know if she was old enough she would miss you as much as I would."

"Ion cry as much." He added, the tear's stinging his eyes, clearing his throat to keep em down. "Well I try not to."

"I miss you phat, I wish you was here wimme ma, I just-" he paused. "I wish I did better before you left Sina."

"Some days...I think what if I came witchu..you know." Sina's dead crash down on him so bad for the first three weeks of A'aliyah's life he wasn't present at all. His mother had her, and all he did was cry.

No eating, sleeping or drinking just cried his eyes. He wanted to hear that beautiful laugh of hers again, hear her cuss him out when he did sum dumb, and the intimacy. He missed it all.

Dayvon felt lost, but he made it up to Liyah for his absence, but his mother watched her when he felt like he wanted to see Sina.

The thoughts clouded his mind of taking away his life to see her again, but he wouldn't do that to his baby, not only wouldn't she have one parent but two gone.

He couldn't stop blaming himself for her death no matter how much that wasn't true. "Damn." He muttered, the memories flooded his mind like a wave.

A cool breeze blew by again causing shivers on his body. Looked around to see the trees blowing, the blue sky now show a slightly orange pigment.

Sprouts of giggles came for the infant in his lap, Dayvon stared down to see Liyah playin with a blue, and black beautiful butterfly.

"Mmmm...mama." A'aliyah blurted out before giggling, and grabbing her feet that were covered in the white air force ones her mother bought her.

Dayvon eyes widen, he looked around confused, he didn't know why but he felt it.

He felt her presence by him, and he knew he wasn't crazy, he would always get a warm feeling when she came around him.

"Phat..." he mumbled, his voice cracking and eye watering. The blue butterfly left her, and landed right on his nose.

Instead of swiping it away, he stared at it. The blue insect flagged its wings profusely showing its beautiful design on it.

The warm feeling grew as Von stared at it, A'aliyah had gon quiet, looking down he seen she had fell asleep. Another chill ran down his spin as he watched her.

A diamond teeth smile, he knew she was there, he felt her with them. Tears fell down his brown cheeks with a smile coating his lip.

"I ain let ha forget you fat, and I'll carry your memory wit me until they put me ina grave beside yours." He spoke out, the butterfly had left but the warm feeling haven't.

"I love you ma." He mumbled, the wind blew a little harder, the leaves that where once on her grave where now gone.

"I know you watching us phat. Keep our baby safe even when I can't." He told her, Von didn't know why but it felt like a warm embrace was wrapping around him.

Von let out happy to sad tears in seconds, he really missed her, and just wanted to hold her again, see her smile again, the beautiful eyes his daughter got from her.

"She look just like you phat, so much like you. She got my dimples, and fat forehead." Dayvon chuckled but continuing. "Ha eyes, smile, and her nose." He described, staring at his baby girl, she had a uncanny match to her mother with a mix of him in the mix.

"She be fightin me and shit." He chuckled, recurring the memories. "I love ha and you wit all my heart, Everything still new after your death but im managing." He told her truth.

"Thank you fa listening to me." He smiled, "I'll see you again phat."