Chapter 11 - Dark To Light

Robin and the girl stared at me. Perhaps they were waiting for some sort of reaction. Maybe I should laugh. Or get mad. Leave and find a different bathroom.

Instead I collapsed by the toilet and stretched my legs out.

"Hey, girl, are you alright?" The girl asked.

I looked over at her, "you have lovely hair. I'm fine. Alyssa by the way. That is... my name."

"Thanks, Alyssa. I'm May," she smiled and touched her long auburn curls.

"Oh... May. Where's April and July?"

Robin snorted and covered his hand with his mouth, "Lyss, don't tell me you're drunk."

I pressed my finger and thumb together and held it out, "I'm only about this much tipsy. I would've been less if Kei hadn't taken my spicy water off me."

May frowned, "are you talking about vodka?"

"No... it's water with flavour. God, May, no wonder you're failing English," I shook my head.

"Okay," Robin clasped his hands together and looked over at May with raised eyebrows, "I'll meet you back downstairs, I'm gonna try and sober Miss know-it-all."

"Try to feel better, Alyssa," May got out of the bathtub and patted my head. It honestly felt kind of nice.

"I will and sorry, May, you're not bad at English."

She laughed behind her hand, "we're not even in the same English class, so that's okay."

"First ever party, Alyssa Mcurth?" Robin asked and walked over to the bathroom sink, opening the cupboard doors underneath.

He found a cup and filled it up with tap water, handing it to me.

I took it but only watched the water ripple, "first time ever drinking alcohol too. I should know better. Underage drinking is so dangerous."

"Yeah, that's why you don't get stupidly drunk like the rest of the losers here," Robin rolled his eyes and sat down beside me.

I squinted and examined his face, "you haven't drunk?"

"No. I don't drink, I think I'm thoroughly entertaining without it," he ran a hand through his hair, "you on the other hand, this is probably the first time you've ever been interesting."

I scowled and pointed at him ready to say something but the water in my cup splashed into Robin and the cup dropped onto the floor.

"Oops," I said and then looked up at Robin who was shocked and dripping.

"Alyssa!" He scolded. I started to laugh.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. You should've seen your face, though, it looked like this."

I pulled a shock face and Robin then laughed, "I do not look like that."

He grabbed the cup and filled it up with water again, this time only filling it halfway. I tried to take a big sip but it just didn't hit the same.

"Hey, I didn't know May was your girlfriend."

"She's not."

"But you guys were kissing?"

He tilted his head to the side, his eyes were lit up with amusement, "because that's what you do at parties. Drink, hang with friends, kiss a girl."

I shook my head, "I don't get it. You aren't kissing her because you love her?"

His eyes widened with horror, "no. God no. I don't love her at all."

"Then why were you kissing her?"