Chapter 19: A singing competition gets interrupted. (Thank you, Wings.)

Zoe and Luke jump off their seats and dive into Bianca, who falls onto the ground on her back, laughing.

They pepper her face with kisses while she continues to laugh as they stand up and carry her above their heads, heading into the Chaos cabin.

Everyone turns to look at me in confusion, especially Artemis, only to see Nyx.

Everyone sucks in a breath, and Annabeth is the one to talk.

"N-Nyx?" She asks quietly.

Nyx looks at her sadly before walking over to her.

"Hello, Annabeth. I'm sorry that our first meeting in Tartarus wasn't great, but I hope I can -"

Reyna stands up at the Roman table, slamming her hands onto it.

"YOU BURNED ROME DOWN!" She yells in anger before rushing at Nyx with her sword drawn.

I appear in front of her and grab her sword with two fingers. She looks up at me, stunned. Her eyes narrow in anger.

"Let go of me, Hope," she growls.

I shake my head. "No can do Reyna. I know you're angry, but trust me, Nyx DID NOT want to help Er- the enemies."

"Are you sure?" She asks.

I nod. "100%. She's one of my closest siblings, I know her. She is good, and she loves demigods like you."

She nods, and I let go of her sword, letting her sheath it. Nyx turns to look at her.

"I know it can't really make up for the damage I caused, but... I am able to make homes for the Romans not currently in service, but they'll only last for as long as the war."

Reyna nods in relief. "That would be great, actually."

Nyx smiles at her and turns to the forest. She raises her hand, and above the forest appears a giant floating city, made of shadows. Everyone but my team gawks.

Nyx nods at it. "It is solid and will become invisible and untouchable when the fights happen."

Reyna looks at Nyx in surprise. "Thank you."

Nyx nods to her and turns to Annabeth. "As I was saying, I hope I can help you and the demigods in the war and make up for my first meeting with you."

Annabeth knits her eyebrows. "You want to be... friends?"

Nyx's eyes turn steely and slightly mad as she looks at Annabeth. "No. Never friends. I can not forgive you for what you did to Percy."

Annabeth nods slowly, and Reyna pointedly looks away from the conversation, as if restraining the urge to punch somebody.

"How do you know what happened to Percy?" Jason asks, speaking up from the Zeus table.

Nyx turns to look at him. "Let's just say me and Percy are... close, and he has told me much."

Hazel looks confused. "You and Percy are dating?"

Nyx's eyes bug out, and I choke on air.

"Wha- No, I'm not dating Percy! Why would - euhhhhh, no. Just... just no."