Chapter 39: Talk. (The game starts!)

Percy POV:

"Ow, Chaos above," I mutter as I roll off the couch and land on the ground with an "oof!"

"Percy!" Artemis yells, running to my side. She grabs me and lifts me up, supporting me with an arm.

I open my eyes- at least the two of them that were closed.

"H-hey, guys..." I say weakly.

My team stares at me with various expressions. Some are mad, some are worried, and some (Bellerophon) look like they want to laugh their butts off.

Luke clears his throat. "Percy, we're in our cabin. You can take your mask off."

I reach my free arm up to my mask before pausing. "I... I don't know if-"

"We know you went through evolution, Percy," Bianca says.

I gulp and take off my mask, expecting them to comment on the third eye in the middle of my forehead.

But no. Of course not.

"Is that a PONYTAIL?" Bellerophon yells out before squealing like a girl, causing Artemis to jump in surprise and drop me.

"Oomph!"
----------------------------------------------------------

We all sit at the table. Or, in Achilles and Bellerophons' case, they lean against it. Zoe is holding Artemis down on her chair while she vibrates with anger. That started after she heard that another person had been charmpsoken into torturing me by Piper.

"Alright, let me get this straight," Luke says, pinching his nose.

"You talked with Frank about the whole charmspeak and torture thing, in the clearing where you were tortured, and you then ATE the flower that grew there, one of your immortal symbols, without realizing that it would trigger your evolution?"

I nod. "And also -"

"Yeah, the Ouranus cube and the fates. We got that. Now, explain this to me." Luke puts his arms on the table, clasping his hands together.

"Why do you have the third eye, and the... ponytail?" He asks.

"Well, that's a step in the evolution. When Tartarus went rough it, he got his red skin and void face, as well as his domain over monsters," I answer.

Artemis looks at me, confused. "What do you mean by domain over monsters?"

I nod. "Right. Technically, each primordial is the... 'god' of something, but once they go through their evolution, they also gain a domain. It's hard to describe, but for now, just think of it as them being the 'god' of a second thing."

"Oh." Artemis says. Luke clears his throat. "We're getting off track. Continue, Percy."

"Okay. When I went through the evolution, instead of gaining a different skin color or something like that, I got... a third eye and a ponytail that I'm guessing I can't take out."

Orpheus snorts. "That's dumb."

I raise an eyebrow. "Dumber than having an afro for 2 years?"

Orpheus splutters, and Bellerophon laughs at him.

"So, what does the third eye do?" Hyacinthus asks.

"I don't... it's like Orion's eye," I respond quietly. The table goes quiet.

"Ah," Orpheus says softly. "So it... scans stuff?"

I nod. "Yes. I can see into all of your pasts, as well as see all your strengths and weaknesses. And... I'm guessing I could see thoughts or secrets if I wanted to."