Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Ella's POV

I was forced to get my face cleaned, and checked by the pack doctor. I was currently sitting on the kitchen counter letting this doctor fix my face, no pun intended. I know I'm ugly.

"That was a show." He joked and I shrugged.

"My wolf was in control." I said quietly, and he nodded.

"If you hadn't moved the alpha would have a worse wound than you." He said and I felt a pang of hurt.

He finished bandaging it, and smiled then said I was good to go. He walked off and I slid off the counter, and sighed.

I'll have it healed by tomorrow morning. This was on me.

My wolf said trying to lighten the mood, but I was far too depressed.

"That was a very stupid move." I heard Jaz say, and when I turned she engulfed me in a hug. I hugged her back.

"I know." I sighed and she buried her face in my neck.

"I was scared that they were going to keep going." She sniffled and I hugged her and rubbed her back.

"I should be the one crying Jaz." I teased and she punched my arm as she pulled away. I rubbed it and pouted.

"Shut the hell up! Mom and dad were freaking out and Matty, oh god, Matty wanted to kill them. He was shaking so bad." She said and rubbed her eyes. She calmed down when two strong arms were wrapped around her. Leo.

Jealousy coursed through me, as did longing for my mate. The one I saved and not so much as a thanks, but then again, I didn't need one.

"Come on." Leo said and kissed her cheek. He lead her out and I threw the towel on the counter and put my head in my hands and leaned on the counter.

"Why did you do that?" I heard HIS voice. It seemed raspy and deep. I swallowed and my wolf was howling in pain.

"Because. Even if I'm not wanted, my wolf is there. It's something someone civil would do. And don't worry about thanking me.." I turned and tapped my fingers on the counter and looked at him. "I don't need one. It was out of kindness." I said and walked past him calmly.