Chapter 2

A VERY LONG FLIGHT IS THE BEST WAY TO CREATE THE WORST CASE SCENARIO...EVER

Alex was in the plane to Los Angeles trying to figure out a plan to save Jack. How could he be sure Scorpia will release her after he surrendered to them? They were the most twisted people he knew so he was pretty sure they wouldn't. He had considered contacting the CIA agent Joe Byrne for information, but he ruled against it. Scorpia knew they had worked together in the past, they would hurt Jack the minute he would try to ask for help. He also felt unprepared as he had no real gadgets from Smithers; sure, he knew he had to be able to do without them, they were just tools after all, but he was used to having them. He had to figure it out by himself.

He arrived at the airport at nightfall and a person from the staff was awaiting him; he was only sixteen after all. He grabbed his backpack and sport bag and waited to get his passport stamped. The real one this time.

"You're here on your own?" the man at the counter asked.

"Yes, but I am paying a visit to my uncle Murdoc, he lives in town," Alex replied.

Saying the hitman's name may seemed not so clever but it was on purpose. Alex knew there were cameras in the airport; in fact, he was counting on it. He had made his first move: Murdoc now knew that he had set foot on US soil. For the night, Alex took a room in a little motel in the city center that he had find on internet while on the flight.

***

DIE HARD WILL HAVE TO WAIT 'TILL THEY CATCH THEIR OWN VILLAIN

Mac, Riley, Jack and Bozer had been called by Matty for an emergency, during their movie night. Her voice sounded so stressed on the phone that they didn't dare being late and they were now sitting in the war room. A picture of Murdoc was displayed on the main screen of the room, but Matty had remained silent for now.

"Do you find him, Matty?" Mac asked. The Hitman had disappeared since their last encounter and since, the team was trying to find him and detain him for good.

"No, Blondie but we might have a lead," she replied.

"What lead?" Jack asked.

Murdoc portrait on the wall was soon replaced by a new picture of a blond-haired teenager.

"This is Alex Rider, he arrived at the airport one hour ago from London. He said he was planning on meeting with his uncle Murdoc who apparently lives in town," Matty informed them.

"There are a few people named Murdoc in LA," Riley intervened typing on her laptop.

"I do know this but, the fact is that this kid has no uncle named Murdoc and he didn't go to his uncle's house after leaving the airport..."

"He went straight to a motel," Riley finished.

"I'm not taking any risks on this, Riley, I need you to find me everything you can on that teenage boy."

"Already on it. So, Alex Rider, born in February 1996. Mother and father died in an airplane accident when he was only a baby. The rest's classified." Riley murmured. "Two years ago, his life went to shit, he had missed a lot of classes and had been spotted in many different countries. His uncle also died, Ian Rider but his file is classified too."

"He's an MI6 agent, I've worked with him once or twice," Matty informed them then she signed for Riley to go on.

"Ok listen, he had been spotted in Skeleton Key Island as Alex Gardner with two deceased CIA agents."

"Seems like a cover agent to me," Jack stated.

"But he's only sixteen!" Bozer said.

"Let's just hope he is not an agent gone rogue," Matty said. "I need to make a phone call. You go find that boy and bring him in."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another one! Hope you enjoyed

AlyMcShizzle