Chapter 17

Ben was heading for the basement, where he knew Alex was. He should have insisted on going with Alex in the first place. He should have tried to convince Mrs Jones to step in. On the contrary, he did nothing: he let Alex go through this on his own, not to mention the fact that Jack was in danger. The young woman and he had been getting closer since Alex's mission to save Jack from the Grimaldi Twins and wanted to ask her out for good when she had been kidnapped. Now, all he hoped is that for both to be alive and well.

He reached the basement floor and heard a bunch of noises that had nothing to do together: a maniacal laugh, cries and screams of pain. He hurried to the room where Riley said Alex was being held along with jack Dalton.

"You know, I understand you, you can't stand my beauty. You're not the first though. But you need to accept the way you look Kurstie!" a voice unknown to Ben snarled.

Ben decided to burst in before the situation worsen. He kicked the door open, gun at hand. He quickly recognized Zeljan Kurst from the picture Mrs Jones had sent him earlier. He shot him in the right leg making the man grunt and fall on the floor.

"Ben?" Alex asked faintly.

He realized they were all here: Riley and Mac's friend along with Alex and ... Jack.

"Yeah, it's me, it's all gonna be alright," he said this with confidence but realized nothing was alright. Jack had bruises all over her face and the other guy had blood covering his face, dripping on his shirt. But the worst was definitely Alex. He had been cut and bruised and large stabbing wound on his abdomen. Jack also told him he had been stabbed in the back.

He needed to get them out of here. The three of them needed medical attention. Ben freed them and gave Mohawk guy, as Jack told him she named him this way, his spare gun.

"I'll go find my team. You need to bring Alex to a hospital," Dalton said to him.

"Hey, I am not abandoning you. We're team now, right?" Alex interrupted him.

"Of course we are kiddo," he answered knowing it was pointless to argue with him.

***

To gain time, Ben led them to the maintenance room, where he thought he'd find Mac, to study the cameras feed to go help the others. How did the situation get worse that fast? They were seeing Riley and Mac in the hall entrance along with Murdoc. Riley was being held captive and Mac seemed ready to fight.

"We have to go help them," Dalton said.

They split so they could take the opponent by surprise. Alex insisted on going with Mohawk guy and let Jack go with Ben. They arrived at the same moment the fight between Mac and Murdoc started, but they couldn't act until Alex and Jack arrived on the other side of the hall. Since were bad, Murdoc had managed to knock out Mac and Ben was ready to jump into the fight when Dalton burst in the hall growling, "Get away from my kids, Murdoc".

This was the cue. Ben quickly disarmed the men guarding Riley while Jack helped her up.

"You're on your own Jack, there's nothing you can do. You kill me, Riley dies," Murdoc said.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that, if I were you," Ben knocked him unconscious with the butt of his gun. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, hoped you enjoyed the chapter! It is almost the end!!

AlyMcShizzle