Chapter 11

"Jack! What is happening?" Riley shouted over the phone, "are you alright?"

She and Mac could hear shouts and punching noises. A piercing scream was heard, then the communication was cut off.

"Jack!" Mac yelled.

***

JOAN OF ARC IS TAKING OVER ALEX'S BODY OTHERWISE HE WILL NOT BE HEARING VOICES

When Alex regained consciousness, he was back in the basement. his back was aching, and he could feel a warm liquid dripping from his wound. Blood. He remembered Kurst stabbing him. He was still dizzy and that made him imagine Jack's voice, "Alex, you're awake!". He shook out the thought. Jack wasn't here. Because he failed.

"Alex," the voice became more insistent, "can you hear me?"

The teenager turned weakly to voice, that came from the left, and thought he was hallucinating. Jack was here tied up to a chair. Her red hair was a mess, and apart from a little gash on her temple, she seemed fine.

"Alex are you alright?" she asked, worried.

"You're not here."

"I am, it's me."

Alex realized, as his vision gradually cleared up, that everything was too solid to be an hallucination: the room too cold, the chair too hard and the pain too sore.

"You are really there," he finally seemed to understand.

"Looks like the kid's a genius," said a voice to his right, it was Dalton, of course. Alex was too weary to send him a death glare as for Jack she did not miss the occasion to do it, "Shut up, D, "she added.

"D?" Alex asked confused.

"Well, when you were sleeping kiddo, we figured out it should be better if we could know to which Jack you will be talking" D said.

"I could just call you Mohawk guy..." Alex stated, drained.

"See," he answered looking at Alex's Jack, "someone is finally appreciating my haircut," then turning back to Alex, "the first thing she said when she saw me was 'what the hell is that thing on your head'."

"I never said I liked it, just that it was a way to call you."

"Ah!" the red haired laughed.

"As much as I would like to hear you bickering over a hairdo, we must find a way to get out."

"It was our last chance kid. All we can do is wait for Mac and Riley to find us, before one of us gets killed, that goes without saying," Mohawk said.

Alex hoped Kurst would leave them alone while they wait for back up. Of course, he had to jinx it. The latter opened the door with a sadistic smile, "Let's play some games!" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a short chapter for you today!

Thanks again for reading my story.

AlyMcShizzle