Chapter 4

Mac, Riley and Jack, were preparing themselves in the back of the SUV. They were almost ready to arrest a ... teenager. Jack couldn't stop complaining about it.

"Seriously, she should have sent someone else, I don't arrest helpless British teenagers."

"He is not helpless. At best, he is a trained operative for a British agency. Or he works for Murdoc. He both cases, He knows how to handle himself," Riley said.

As Riley stayed in the van, Mac and Jack got out and ran towards their target's room. Jack was about to open the door when Mac stopped him.

"He trapped the door," Mac informed him, admiring. He inspected it, then spoke again. "That is a little chemical explosive, so I just need water to drench it and disarm it."

He spotted a fire hydrant and used it to water it.

"Hey Mac, could you hurry up? I think the kid's escaping!" Jack shouted to Mac as he heard lots of noises inside the Motel room.

"Guys," Riley said over the coms "I think he is escaping by the back window. There is a backyard go! I'll take care of what he might have left in the room."

Listening to Riley, they ran around the building to catch the kid. They found him climbing off a ladder, made of sheets tied together, from a window.

"There is no point on running," Jack said.

They were now cornering him. Alex was in a fighting stance, but they were two against one. Add with the fact that Jack was twice bigger than him.

"We are not here to hurt you," Mac said.

"I don't really care," Alex replied harshly. He ran towards Mac, kicking him in the legs with a Karate move.

He managed to knock him over, but he didn't know that the other guy would just charge at him. He fell hard and hit the concrete, crushed under the weight of Jack, who was on him. He tried to fight back as Jack handcuffed him and jerked him upright.

"You understand," he pleaded "I don't have time for that!"

"Why? 'Cause you have to meet you little friend Murdoc?" Jack spatted.

"Murdoc? I am not working with him!"

"Prove it then"

The thing is that he couldn't. Even if he considered it, he knew Jack would be hurt.

"How do I know that YOU are not working with him?" he replied instead.

Mac chuckled at that and said, "Believe me, we're not." 

"Guys," Riley said, "our little genius crashed his own phone. We have to go back to Phoenix to analyze it."

"Ok Riles, we're on our way to you, we caught Karate Kid," Jack replied, glaring at Alex who sent him a death glare back.