17. Wishes

RUHANI'S POV

Ever felt like you are at the top of the world? Like you have never been happier ?....that's what I was feeling in his arms.

The way he called out my name after we kissed made me thank my parents for naming me ruhani. My  name  has never sounded better than now. He slowly put me down back to my feet softly as if I was a petal of flower to him.

"My precious."

He said before stepping forward and placing a kiss on my forehead. That exact moment we could hear the sound of  शंख (shankh) indicating the start of evening ganga Aarti. We both smiled hearing the holy chants.

I took his hand and moved to the corner before pointing my finger at the ghat.

"Let's go Jay. I bought flower and diya for the prayers. Come Let's go.."

I dragged him along with me to the area where aarti (prayer) started. The scence of Ganga aarti in the evening is the most mesmerizing scence of the city. So many people come together to make wishes and seek blessings of Ganga maiyaa.

This time I was taking my blessing with me to the prayer. I held my blessing's hand tightly as we made our way through the crowd of devotees. Jay kept his arms on the either side of my shoulder creating a boundary so I don't get pushed in the crowd. I smiled at his heartwarming gestures.

After reaching at the start of the river we stopped as I took out flowers and diya for the prayers that was hidden in my dupatta.

"Ye Kab kharida ?"

Jay asked as he saw me taking out the flowers. He quickly held my hands to prevent them from falling...making both of giggle.

"Jab pahuchi thi tab hi Kharid liya tha..so now we can make a wish and light up this diya phir hum Ganga me isse baha denge. You can wish for anything it will come true."

I kept the flowers properly on the paper plate as I explained the significance of the ritual to Jay who nodded at my words listening carefully. I tried to cover my head with my dupatta with my left hand as the other one was holding the flowers. Jay stepped forward and covered my head for me lovingly.

Oh god this man!

I smiled when he was done adjusting my dupatta. I signaled him to light the diya I was holding. After the flowers and the diya was all set on the plate I asked him

"Apne hath mere hatho ke niche rakho.."

He did as I said and held my hand securely his gaze on me the whole time.

"Now close your eyes and make a wish "

I said before closing my eyes to make a wish but what do you ask for when your wish is standing beside you holding your hand?

Ganga maiyaa pehli bar itni kushiya dii hain apne..ab inhe  sambhal kar rakhna..mere Jay ko mere pass or hamesha kush rakhna..

Jay also closed his eyes thinking deeply what he could ask for more ? When he already got his world. All he needed was for her to never go away from him again.

Ganga maiyaa pehli or akhri baar pyaar kiya hain..bas himmat dena ki apni duniya ko hamesha kush rakh saku..

After making the wish we both opened our eyes at the same time and bent down to put the flowers in the river together..