71. Our Safe Heaven

JAY'S POV

With fast steps, I made my way upstairs skipping a few steps in between. My heart warmed up at the sight of her standing outside her room with all her bags packed ready to leave but as I walked closer to her, a deep frown formed on my face when I saw the tears in her eyes while she kept looking down at the jewellery box in her hands.

My heart and feet both picked up pace as I ran to her before placing my hand on her shoulder, she broke out her thoughts due to my sudden presence. I felt a pang in my heart when she looked into my eyes with those glistening eyes of hers. Parting my lips I was about to ask her what she was crying about my eyes fell on the jewellery box she was holding.

My breath hitched as I looked at those beautiful pearls of the necklace I had designed for her. Which I gave her to show my commitment before leaving, I had poured all my love in making that pendant; each pearl and diamond of which now laid scattered in that jewellery box.

Sure it did hurted to see that precious piece of metal in such a condition but what made my heart throb was thinking about the pain Rooh must have gone through to break it off like this. Without saying anything, I immediately engulfed her in my embrace. She leaned her head against my chest while placed my chin on her head.

"I am sorry, I was not in my senses when I broke this. Trust me this necklace means a lot to me..I feel really bad."

Her choked and shivering tone pricked my heart making me squeeze her tighter. I close my eyes, gulping down my own saliva as we both stood in silence for a few moments while I just rubbed her back soothingly. Once she calmed down, I pulled away from the hug and leaned closer to match her gaze. Looking down at the jewellery box I spoke.

"I don't need any necklace on your neck to show my commitment to you. Rooh name is imprinted on my soul baby. "

My eyes went up to look into hers as I said the last sentence. I swear I could see my whole world in those two diamonds. My cheeks warmed up at her soft gaze which could easily melt my soul. Wiping the left over tears from the corner of her eyes I continued.

"We can make thousands of such pendants but don't let these precious pearls fall. I don't want to see more tears in these hypnotizing orbs of yours."

"Can you stop your flirting even for a second?"

She asked while letting out a chuckle in between her tears. My heart swelled up with love seeing her smile back on her face. Poking her nose with my index finger, I replied.

"Not when you are with me."

I winked at her while she just shook her head at my endless flirting attempts. Now, how could I resist myself from saying such playful words when they make her face go all red and bring that wide grin on her gorgeous face. She stepped back to lock the door of her room while I walked forward to pick up my suitcase from my room which thankfully I had already packed.

"Let's go, now I am so tired."

Whined out Rooh while leaning against the locked door of her room. I let out a chuckle before bending down to pick up our luggage while she also lifted up a bag. I can only wonder why I had one suitcase and she had two along with a bag for the same events.

"Should I carry you then?"

I teased while raising my eyebrows only to get a a cringed up expressions from her which caused both of us to crack up as we made our way out while talking about random stuff. She kept talking but I was too distracted by her big golden earrings who kept tingling as she moved her head while talking. I let out a smile realising how much I had missed noticing these small things about her and just staring at her randomly.