39. Sukoon.

JAY'S POV

"I am sorry...why..why can't I ever be good enough for anyone.."

A pair of soft arms were wrapped around me just as those words left my lips. I looked up only to find those angelic eyes glossy eyes looking into mine, with love. Just a soft gaze of her is enough to bring me back to life.
She came, she was sitting on her knees in front of the chair I was on, to match our level.

My sobs escalated as I felt all my boundaries breaking away, the pain erupted in my heart and made it's way out through my eyes. I immediately got down on the ground like her and hide myself in her embrace, she held me so gently yet tightly. Her arms around me were bringing me back to myself after I felt shattered. Her scent, just seeing her in front of me, feeling her against my skin made my breathing stable. I felt like I could breathe again.

I cried in her arms, like a baby. Without a care in the world, I couldn't see, feel or hear anything else except for her. All I could hear was her soft breathing against my ear. All I could feel was the heaven of having her arms around me. All I could see was Rooh, at that moment. She rubbed my back continously and caressed my hair with her soft hands. I let out a loud sob before trying to speak again, but my voice was barely audible due to how broken it sounded.

"R-rooh..."

"Sshh..don't say anything, I am here Jay. Your Rooh is here.."

I closed my eyes once again letting her soft gentle words sink in. I yearned to hear her voice again, the fire of pain in my chest was extinguished with the coolness of the comfort she provided me with. I didn't dare too look up at her and kept my face hidden in her neck while she just held me together. If she were to remove her arms even for a second, I would have shattered all over the ground in pieces, it was only her embrace that held me together.

"Bas Jay, I promise everything will be fine..don't cry like this. I can't bear to see you this way..."

Her soothing words calmed me down a little, I finally gathered the courage to look at her face. Pulling away from the hug, my gaze fell on her beautiful face which was looking at me worriedly, her eyes carrying such heavy weights of concern for me. It hurted more to see her eyes glossy filled with tears all because of me, I smiled at her sadly while she wiped my tears with the hem of her saree. The one, I had made her wear. She was still in the same attire of her dance performance.

Still, utterly gorgeous but the look of excited and joy was replaced with pain and concern. I gritted my teeths knowing I was the reason for this. Letting out a sigh I kept my hands on both sides of her as we both stood up at the same time. I brushed her hair back which were covering her face and tucked them behind her ear neatly. All this while  she just stared at me, a fear unknowingly strike inside me.

"Are you mad at me Rooh? I am sorry for leaving like that..I didn't even informed anyone, I am such a jerk ain't I?"

I chuckled bitterly at the end, my voice sounded more hoarse after crying so much. She looked at me with crashed eyebrows and slightly hit my head with her fingers which only made me let out a smile, she made me sit on the chair by holding my shoulder. Taking a seat beside me she cupped my hands in hers before speaking.

"Tum thode budhu ho kya?"

I immediately let out a small chuckle, finding it enduring how she asked that question. With a smile on my face I nodded my head as a yes. She shook her head at my silly behaviour before continuing.

"I am not mad at you okay, I was just scared when I didn't find you. I knew you wouldn't leave if there was unless their was an emergency."