† Bree's birthday party †

The horrible song All The Small Things – Blink-182 streams out of the speakers, not at all Killian's choice of music, he just has to endure the misery

The horrible song All The Small Things – Blink-182 streams out of the speakers, not at all Killian's choice of music, he just has to endure the misery. Bree and Sarah tried on different clothes for the evening and the whole living room looked like a big walk-in closet, Killian thought, and preferred not to look at the mess they had created.

"What are you going to wear?" asks Bree as she emerges from the bathroom in only white lacey underwear and her white lace dress in her hand. "Should I take my short white lace dress, or should I take denim shorts and a cut-off top?"

Killian tilts his head back slightly to get a better glimpse of her from his bedroom where he stands looking for his Metallica t-shirt in the closet. As the girls prepared themselves for the beach party, Killian got himself ready to work for two hours. Although he had wanted to join them, he couldn't afford to take the whole evening off and knew he would have to work extra next weekend to make up for the money he lost tonight.

"The white dress is cute and easy to get off if the opportunity comes," Sarah said teasingly, glancing to the bedroom.

"I think it's going to happen tonight," Bree said, gritting her teeth into an excited smile.

Killian furrowed his eyebrows and tried to shut the music out to focus his hearing on their conversation. He felt a sense of relief that she still hadn't thrown herself under that brat, but his stomach clenched at the thought that she planned to give herself to him tonight.

"Are you sure he's the right guy? I thought you had always saved yourself for..."

Bree cleared her throat. "So, the dress or the shorts?"

"The dress," Sarah replied, and Bree strolled back to the bathroom.

He found the T-shirt he had been looking for and pulled it on before turning around and being met by Sarah in the doorway.

"You snooze, you lose," she informed as if he wouldn't have overheard their conversation.

He gave her a mocking grin and passed her in the doorway to get himself a beer before heading to work. Bree comes out of the bathroom and asks Sarah to pull up the zipper on her back. It was the same dress she wore the day he picked her up in Nevada and she spun a lap in front of him where he was standing against the kitchen counter.

"Dance with me!" she commands him, pulling him by the crook of his arm.

"You know I don't dance," he says, trying to hold against her strength.

"Today you do!" she says, starting to swing her hips in front of him and Sarah joins in as well.

Killian studies the two bodies moving around him and the scent of Bree's cherry perfume sweeps by in light gusts of wind. They start singing to the gruesome song All The Small Thingsand Bree meanders down his body with her eyes watching his. It wasn't even a fitting song for such sexy dancing, but that didn't stop Bree from making it sexy in the strangest way.