† I want more †

That night, Killian came stumbling home and fell with a loud thud on the hallway floor

That night, Killian came stumbling home and fell with a loud thud on the hallway floor. Curled up in a fetal position, he cries over what he has become and wishes Bree would come and hold him. Saved him from himself.

Slowly, he tries to stand up, taking support from the wall to keep his balance, before wobbling over to the back door. He needed to talk to someone and the only one who seemed to listen to what he had to say was Hazel.

Killian makes his way over to her back door and gently knocks on the door to see if she is asleep but then sees her coming towards the door with a man behind her. She had company already, causing Killian to try to hurry away from there before she saw that it was him.

"Killian, is that you?" he heard Hazel call out from behind him, but he kept walking into his apartment and fell onto the bed.

Tears continued to fall as he cuddled his face against the mattress. He was lonely, tired, and high, and the only person he had was already busy with another man. But not long after he had gone back home, the back door was heard, and Hazel entered his bedroom. Without a word, she sits down on the bed and takes his head in her lap. Comfortingly, she strokes his head with her soft hands while he cries out his pain and shame.

"It's okay Killian, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere," she whispered, pulling the duvet over his body, which had begun to tremble as the morphine began to wane.

An hour later...

"Sorry I ruined your date," Killian said with a deep voice, looking at her as she lay across from him on the bed.

"It's okay, he was a boring company anyway," she said, cuddling her face into the pillow. "Are you ready to tell me what's going on?"

Killian inhaled and exhaled heavily while studying her face. He noticed for the first time that her eyes were blue and that she had small wrinkles at the corner of her eyes. Despite the slight differences, it still felt like Bree was present when Hazel was around with him and sometimes, he had to remind himself that it wasn't her.

"I think I've made a terrible mistake tonight and there's no turning back... She would never forgive me," Killian said, watching her furrow with confusion.

"What is it that you have done that is more sinful than getting drunk?"

"If I tell you, you might judge me too and I don't know if I can live with that," he whispered, running his thumb over her lips. "I hate that I need you around me, I just wish you were her."

"Nothing is written in the stars Killian. I'm sure she misses you as much as you miss her, you just need to talk to each other, I'm sure," she said in a faint voice, taking his hand from her mouth.

"Let's just pretend one night that you're here, tell me you'll forgive me, tell me you'll never leave me, tell me you love me, and let me hold you," Killian said hoarsely, putting his arm around her to pull her close to him.