Chapter 18

Why do I keep forgetting that Killian is a character that's set up to behead me?

Whenever I see Killian, I'm all playful and I have something to say.

'Is this an influence from the original story, because the original Edith was always messing around with Killian, although it's not quite the same.'

Killian just stared at me and didn't say anything, even though I'd opened up the conversation.

Eventually, I gave up trying to get a response from him and just sipped my tea and enjoyed my morning as usual.

The weather was nice again today.

The flowers were in full bloom, and everywhere I looked there was a beautiful greenery.

I got up from my seat and opened the window.

The fresh, spring-scented air slowly filled my room.

"The weather is nice......"

It was still a little chilly, but it felt refreshing.

I was about to fix my shawl when Killian came up behind me and spread his arms, trapping me between him and the window.

I stiffened, too flustered by the unexpectedness of the situation.

"I heard you helped my mother well."

"Yes? Oh, well, that's the obvious...... thing to do."

"I heard you're suspiciously good at it......"

Suddenly, I wondered what the hell this was all about. Maybe yesterday's events had reached Killian's ears......

"You'd better not make a fool of yourself. I'm telling you to forget what you saw and heard in my mother's room the moment you leave it."

"Don't worry, I'm not smart enough to remember all that."

"Well, surprisingly, you don't seem to have a very bad brain."

What, are you here to pick a fight?

No, I think it's good, and I want you to tell me at a distance, or my heart will jump out.

"Oh, and......"

"What else?"

"My mother's favorite boutique was too classy and highbrow for your tastes?"

"Yes......?"

What is this again?

"If you have a favorite, just say so. I'll call it for you."

"No, I......"

"For someone who's famous for never wearing the same dress twice, I thought it was quite the way to protest that you didn't get a new dress."

So now, even the fact that I didn't buy a new dress is a reason to hate me?

I was just trying to break out of my extravagant image, but the end result is the same as the original story!

'It's unfair.'

His misunderstanding and accusations were strangely hard to bear, even though I'd vowed not to get on Killian's bad side.

"A way to protest......?"

Killian didn't answer.

"Killian, you really don't know anything about me."

"What do you mean I don't know?"

"If I didn't like the boutique, I would have called another one right then and there, why would I let them alter my dress, do you think I'd make a fuss about something like that?"