'Sweet Dreams'

(SSA Y/N X SSA Reid)

I figured I'd start with something simple before I dive into a multi-parter. This first oneshot here is a standalone, 1.7k words :)

Spencer and Y/N fall asleep on the jet. Sweet, fluffy goodness. Cuddles and softness and overall feel-goods. 

(I wrote this with S3-4 Reid in mind, but that's not important to this plot. Feel free to picture whichever era you'd like.)

TW: Brief mention of nightmares, that's it

"You alright, L/N?" Morgan asked. The bullpen was loud this morning, agents scurrying to and fro, computers typing away, blinking lights and indistinct chatter compounding on Y/N's already very-present headache.

She blinked, pinching the bridge of her nose. "What?"

"I asked if you were al-"

"I'm good, I'm good." She mumbled, waving him away with her hand. "Had a late night, that's all."

Morgan chuckled. "Lucky you."

"Nothing like that." Y/N rolled her eyes. "I'm experiencing a bout of insomnia, not very lucky." She used her index fingers to rub her temples.

"Well it looks like you're in the same boat as Prettyboy here." Morgan pointed out. "Poor kid looks like he hasn't slept in weeks." Morgan turned to Reid, who was tediously stirring coffee at his desk. "Seriously, nothing?" Morgan raised an eyebrow. "You're too tired to even give statistics on insomnia?"

Spencer practically jumped at Morgan's words, snapping into attention. "Insomnia affects roughly 10% of the general adult population." His voice was slightly hoarse and his hair was uncombed. He took a long sip of his coffee, squinting from the overhead lighting.

"Geez, you look worse than I do." Y/N scratched her neck. "Next time I go to the store I could pick up some melatonin for the both of us, you know."

Spencer rubbed his eyes. "I might just take you up on that."

JJ descended the stairs, overhearing the last bits of their conversation. "Well, you might have to postpone that shopping trip." She was carrying a large stack of folders. "We've got a new case."

*****

"The Nashville PD will be waiting for us when we arrive." Hotch said, checking his watch. "We have about an hour before we land. Prentiss, Morgan, I want you at the most recent crime scene."

Emily and Derek nodded. Y/N glanced around the jet. Garcia's face lit up the open laptop screen on the table they were crowded around. Reid sat beside Y/N on the leather seats, eyes half-closed, nodding off.

Hotch continued. "JJ, you and I will investigate the scene downtown; I want your focus to be finding any potential witnesses. Rossi, Y/N, I want you in the police station interviewing the families and building a victim profile. Reid-"

Reid startled from a half-asleep state. "Y-yeah?"

"Can I trust you to develop a geographical profile?" Hotch's brow furrowed.

Reid's face flushed, embarrassed. "Yeah, yeah of course." He nodded, swallowing.

"Good." Hotch said curtly. "Coordinate with Garcia on any info you need for that."

Garcia winked on-screen. "Your wish is my command, Doctor Dear." She logged off.

"Alright." Rossi stood up, stretching and moving to another seat. "We have an hour. And if the current pattern stays, we have 12 hours by the time we leave until our unsub strikes again."