Chapter 10- Don't Fall Asleep

Chapter 10- (not edited!)

Cody’s POV:

 I didn’t fall back to sleep to my utter disbelief and distress. I was so tired I figured I could and would sleep for a year after this, but after  a twenty minute drive we reached the front doors, and because I wasn’t instantly attacked with hugs  and questions by my mother, I’m guessing she doesn’t yet know that I was gone.

“Where’re the rents?” I asked in a groggily mumble with my head down still on the seat, too lazy to haul myself all the way out of the limo.

Harold sighed, “They left yesterday morning for work, they don’t know any of this has even happened. You’re quite lucky, Cody, quite lucky indeed. Though one might not guess it by the looks of your poor being. Now, up we go!”

I let out a very girlish squeal as he lifted me into the air, which was really weird considering we were still in the limo, but he was able to keep us rather steady.

He carried me up the steps, and the smooth, rhythmic rocking was easily putting me back to sleep. I’d let my eyes close, not even wanting to fight my sleepiness, I was just that tired. I’d used up every last ounce of energy I had left.

“DON’T FALL ASLEEEEEEEEP!”

Jenny’s shrill yell cut through my layers of brief unconsciousness and I jumped out of Harold’s arms thinking to land in a fighting stance, but I’d forgotten about the sprained ankle and fell to the ground in a loud cry of pain.

Swallowing the cuss words that were about to escape from my mouth I left kept with being sarcastic. “A simple wake up, might’ve worked better hun.”

I looked up at my young personal nurse. Well, she wasn’t all that young. She’s twenty-five has thick, medium brown hair, is way hyper all of the time, but can be very level-headed when it comes to her job. She’s young to be a nurse, but she graduated school several years ahead of herself and we always seemed to have things to talk about so I figured she’d be fun to have as my nurse.

She ‘hmph’-ed at me, if that’s even a word. “Well sorry, but if you have a concussion and go to sleep, and slip into a coma and never wake up again I wouldn’t be all that happy….plus I’ve wanted to yell at you to wake up ever since you did that to me when talking sense into me before my wedding last year!”

A look of triumph over-took her face, until she saw me in the fetal position on the ground holding my right leg, smiling ruefully at her. “Well I’m glad you got your revenge, but you wouldn’t happen to have any pain killers on you by any chance?”

“No, you’re tired enough! Harold help me get her in here!” He picked me up and took us into the nurse’s office I had here on the fourth floor. Wow, guess I blacked out for the elevator ride- so much for staying awake.

He sat me on the examination table I had in the middle of the light blue and white room. It was a perfect doctor’s office. I just couldn’t resist not being able to play doctor every once in a while so I had one put in, plus it comes in handy when I hurt myself, though it’s never been anything this bad. Even though the pain is starting to numb slightly compared to what it has been.

“So are you going to look at the arm or ankle first?”

She took a few steps back and looked me over. After a few seconds a huge yawn came out of my mouth and it took all my concentration to not just lay back on the bed and fall asleep, but even then I started swaying back and forth slightly.

She sighed. “Yikes, you really are tired! Ok, I’ll start with the arm, because the ankle shouldn’t be too bothered while sitting on the table. You’ll need to remove your shirt which means, Harold! Wait outside!”