9. back to the big leagues

Lisbon Viotto currently felt extremely happy. She had been living the life. She'd spent the last week with Oscar, and at the request of their managers, was spending another weekend at a Grand Prix.
What else could she ask for?

While Lisbon constantly had those voices in her head that were telling her to stop being annoying, they were constantly being shushed by the way that Oscar assured her that they were having a good time.

It didn't make sense to them that they weren't actually dating at this point, but they were both convinced their counterpart didn't want that.

Guess who was here, witnessing it all?
Logan.

Logan was really willing to have Lisbon and Oscar take their time, but his only thoughts were it's already been a week. Why haven't they fallen in love yet? This was Logan's time to take some liberties here, and help push them along the way.

silly alex 😆

logan
alex

alex
logan

logan
hello

alex
logan 😭

logan
what

alex
dude
nevermind
just continue

logan
stop being silly alex
this is serious
what are we gonna do about lisbon and oscar

alex
didn't you say that they were getting on good?

logan
yes
there's still more to do though !!

alex
isn't this where we stop intervening so that it can all happen naturally?

logan
no!
we have to set them up so that they can go on a date!!
they already hang out a lot
but like
proper date!!

alex
how are we even gonna do that

logan
TRUST
we'll ask them if they wanna come get food with us and since they're sweethearts they'll say yes
and then we just don't show up !!
in fact the reservation can just be for 2!!

alex
WAIT
kind of a good idea
i see where you're going

logan
YOU SEE??
and then they get to spend more time together!!

alex
EXACTLY

logan
EXACTLY

-

While these two boys were off plotting somewhere else, Lisbon was lounging in a plane on her way to Qatar. There was one more week or requested PR to Lisbon's knowledge, so (un)fortunately she would be going back to Los Angeles after this Grand Prix. She was glad to be going back to her city, but she was sad she would be parting from Oscar. Obviously they still had basically 9 months of PR, but she didn't want to go.

Even if she didn't want to, she had to remember she was her own person. She had been working hard for years, and just because she found something with Oscar, doesn't mean she could give it up. She couldn't. Scrutinized for years, and she wasn't going to give up now.

Don't mistake it though, Oscar was there as well. He was in the restroom, and that was really all she needed to know. That was his business. Lisbon opened her laptop, plugged her wired headphones in, and went through her emails.