𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫: 25

A:n- Hi?

Well, I was just testing whether readers will be disappointed with it or not only to find many of you commenting.

Am glad to see it.

as I was saying... Don't mind what happened in the earlier hours.

I was in the mood of Slight lying.

And funny you assume I will tell when I will stop updating.

.
...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Soulmate is a beautiful thing, to say the least... But once it breaks... It only meant the other had died...

How long with the living soulmate survive?

As half of their soul is now dead?

Will they have the courage... To be whole again with the other?

Or let the darkness consume them?

Or... They can live... Without it?

Forever...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"I will be heading home then"

"Good work today y/n," said Yosano as she patted your head alarming you.

Confused by their stiff smile you awkwardly left as you were dismissed to go early after doing the case.

"Don't stress too much! Can't have my assistant tired and gloomy" said Ranpo who smiled brightly as you blinked twice yet nodded.

"Are you sure... I don't need to work extra hours?"

"No, it's fine I can assure you it is less," said Kunikida who arranged his glasses before you saw more Dazai slung an arm around your formed as he smiled.

"We will be heading... together"

"H-huh?"

"Don't worry just near your colony"

"..." You unsurely were dragged by Dazai as the door closed.

The room went silent again for a while.

As Fukuzawa returns to his office room.

After a while, there was a knock as he let them come in.

Taking a seat, Ranpo crossed his legs as he had so many doubts, to say the least, while Yosano was quite unsure.

"What is it that both of you came?"

"Ne President... What happened to Y/n-san parents?" Asked Ranpo to Fukuzawa who let out a sigh.

"...Y/n's Father and younger brother died... More likely murdered... She is still searching for the culprit... "

"... Why were we not told?" Asked Yosano frowning as Fukuzawa glanced at the two.