31

"Come on" Audrey mumbled to the test that was propped up on Mahz's bathroom counter. She had taken three others but she wasn't going to believe the results until her last and final one said the same.

She stood up pacing back and forth as the timer on her phone went off again. She could feel her chest drop as the test showed the same result as the others.

Pregnant.

She sat back on the toilet placing her head into her hands. She had gotten the tests because she hadn't been feeling her best. She wasn't sick but her body just felt off and she wanted to be sure. She gathered the boxes and tests before rushing out the bathroom and stuffing them in the duffle bag she used when she came over. 

She paced back and forth in the bedroom mentally cursing herself out. They weren't even on the best of terms after what had happened to his parents a week prior and to spring this on them would be too much. Mahz was acting as if he hated her and he barely even wanted to be around anyone. 

She called Mari before seeing her face pop up in the screen. "Hey boo" Mari spoke smiling in the camera.

"Who around you?" She hurriedly asked her. Mari sat up in confusion. 

"Nobody keem out grabbing my snacks. What's wrong?"

Audrey said nothing as she grabbed a test out of the bag before heading to the bathroom. She put it in the screen waiting for Mari to realize what it was as she was too busy trying to get comfortable in the bed.

When she looked up her eyes grew wide.

"Bitch is that a positive pregnancy test?" She semi yelled making Audrey shush her and turn the volume on her phone down a little. Mahz was in his man cave she was sure but she was paranoid. She didn't want him to know about this.

"I just found out I don't know what to do" Audrey said with tears falling from her eyes. This isn't the life she imagined for herself. After her first pregnancy with Chevy she wanted to be married or atleast engaged before bringing another kid into this cruel world. Her and Mahz was neither and with all that was going on between them lately she didn't know if they would ever be. She wasn't staying somewhere that she wasn't wanted. He had changed and she knew it was valid with his dad passing but she felt like she was being treated like shit.

"For starters you have to tell him. This could be good for you plus my baby will have someone to play with" She smiled putting her rather large belly into the camera. Audrey remained silent as tears pooled in her eyes.

"Audrey I know exactly how you feel but maybe this is for the best. You never know what God got planned for you"

She smiled nodding her head. "Well I will let you know how everything go. I guess I'll go tell him and please don't say anything to keem" She mumbled while her voice cracked a little. Mari confirmed that she wouldn't say anything as the two exchanged I love you's before Audrey hung up the phone.

She cleaned her face up before placing the test back into the bag. Rubbing her sweaty palms against the dress she was wearing she made her way to the man cave since that's where Mahz spent most of him since the incident with his parents if he wasn't at the trap.

She slightly fanned her face as she was met with a cloud of smoke as she walked down the steps. She knew he loved his blunts prior to it happening but he was high or drunk 24/7 now. He just wasn't himself and she didn't want to break his down more with this.

"Mahz" She called as he took a pull from his blunt. No answer. "MAHZ" She rolled her eyes before calling out to him again this time louder breaking him from his thoughts.