Aunt Lin sought revenge, Zhang Yi directly cursed her out Part 16

Zhang Yi sat on the sofa, yawning out of boredom.

His home boasted the most perfect insulation system and an endless supply of fuel, ensuring his safe house maintained a constant comfortable temperature throughout the year.

He didn't need to do anything next, just needed to ensure he stayed happy every day.

There was nothing interesting on TV at the moment, and even the live broadcasts had been shut down due to extreme cold weather.

If there were, Zhang Yi could only nod in approval and say, "What a tough person!"

He opened his own alternate space, where the electronic device area housed many gaming consoles and AAA blockbuster games, including numerous unopened PS5s, Switches, and Xboxes.

As for game cartridges, there were tens of thousands of them available.

Zhang Yi took out a brand new PS5, connected it to the gigantic 100-inch Sony TV in his home, and started playing the latest AAA action game of the year, "Devil May Cry 3."

On the side, there were games like "Elden Ring," "The Witcher 3," and "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice."

If he wanted to pass the time, they were all excellent choices.

If he found the game duration too short, there were games like "Civilization" and "Cities: Skylines," which could keep him entertained for hours.

Since he was at home, Zhang Yi was only wearing pajamas, snacking while enjoying his gaming session.

After a while, his phone rang.

Zhang Yi picked it up and found that it was the annoying neighborhood committee member, Mrs. Lin, tagging him in the group chat.

"Zhang Yi, the roads outside are all blocked by heavy snow now. Get ready with your tools and come out to help clear the snow!" She ordered in a commanding tone.

She was rallying everyone to go out and clear the snow together, but responses were scarce.

To his surprise, she had directly targeted him.

Looking at the heavy snow outside covering almost the entire floor, three meters deep, Zhang Yi knew clearing it manually would be nearly impossible.

Moreover, he knew the snow would continue for at least another three months.

Going out to clear the snow now wouldn't make much of a difference.

Zhang Yi immediately refused, "It's so cold outside that one would turn into a popsicle in a matter of minutes. We should wait until the snow stops before considering clearing it."

Some people below echoed his sentiments.

"Yeah, it's over minus seventy degrees outside. Going out for a while will likely cause frostbite."

"We're not in Northeast China; we don't even have proper cold weather gear. How can we go out?"

Mrs. Lin became agitated.

"What's this attitude? Clearing the snow isn't for me but for everyone, isn't it? You young and strong guys, refusing to help in times of disaster, only thinking of avoiding responsibilities, how can this be allowed?"

She directed her criticism at Zhang Yi, who was leading the opposition.

"Zhang Yi, I command you in the name of the neighborhood committee to go out and clear the snow!"

"This is a critical moment, we must unite and obey the organization's commands!"

"Anyone who dares oppose me is opposing the leadership of the neighborhood committee! After the snow disaster is over, there will be consequences!"

Mrs. Lin once again brought up her position in the neighborhood committee.

The homeowners fell silent, not daring to speak out.

In the current situation of the snow disaster, social order still existed, and everyone was afraid to defy it.

Although many hoped Zhang Yi would stand up and confront Mrs. Lin, acting as the spokesperson for everyone.

Zhang Yi, aware of their thoughts, couldn't help but sneer disdainfully at them.

But tolerating such behavior was impossible for him.

He decided to confront Mrs. Lin directly.

Glancing through the chat history, Zhang Yi noticed that Mrs. Lin had tagged a few easy-going young people in the neighborhood.

However, she had completely ignored the troublesome individuals or those with power and influence.

Thus, Zhang Yi sarcastically remarked, "Mrs. Lin is right; if this is for everyone's benefit, the neighborhood committee members should lead the way in clearing the snow."

"And regarding being young and strong, with so many people in our neighborhood, why did you only call out a few of us?"

"Do you think we are easy targets? Why didn't you tag those socialites and rich kids?"

"How come you suddenly have nothing to say when dealing with them?"

Other homeowners nodded in satisfaction at Zhang Yi's words.

"Zhang Yi is truly our mouthpiece on the internet!"

"Yes, she only approaches the docile ones. Why not go after Chen Zhenghao and Xu Hao?"

Everyone in the neighborhood knew who these people were.

Living in the same community, everyone was familiar with the powerful figures around.

For example, Chen Zhenghao from 601 on the sixth floor was a well-known local gang leader with hundreds of men under him in construction projects.

Similarly, Xu Hao from 802 on the eighth floor was the son of a prominent real estate developer in Tianhai City, with family connections in official circles.

Mrs. Lin hadn't mentioned these two individuals at all.

Zhang Yi directly exposed Mrs. Lin's tendency to bully the weak and fear the strong, leaving her face red with embarrassment.

She didn't include those formidable figures because she lacked the courage, and they wouldn't bother with her.

People like her always preyed on the weak.

If Zhang Yi had been like this before, Mrs. Lin wouldn't have dared to ask him to clear the snow.

Feeling embarrassed, Mrs. Lin sent several lengthy voice messages in the group chat.

"Clearing the snow is a public service, done for everyone's benefit. Some people are petty and lack a spirit of sacrifice!"

"These people are a menace to our homeowner group!"

"If you don't want to do it, fine, others will. Their awareness is much higher than yours!"

"And, I'm not singling out certain individuals. There's no need to tag each one. Please understand this and don't mislead yourselves!"

"If there are more defamatory remarks, I'll report it to the police!"

Her explanations seemed to worsen the situation.

Especially threatening to involve the police made Zhang Yi burst into laughter.

Some timid homeowners, fearing Mrs. Lin's warnings, grabbed their tools and went out to clear the snow.

At this point, Zhang Yi wasn't afraid of her at all.

Apart from her unreasonable behavior, the police wouldn't support her claims either.

Moreover, did she think all societal mechanisms were functioning normally?

Now that the snow disaster had arrived, and social order was still somewhat intact, everyone hesitated to defy it.

While some residents were scared by Mrs. Lin's words, Zhang Yi showed no fear towards her.

Not to mention her unjustified behavior, the police wouldn't back her up. Additionally, did she believe that all societal mechanisms were running smoothly?