⟣Chapter 23

⟣•23•⟢
: THE SAME REACTION

• • •
The next morning, Xiào Mu went for a jog in the morning. After taking a shower, he headed downstairs for breakfast. When passing by Leo’s room, he had a glimpse of Leo buttoning his military jacket. Sensing his gaze, Leo tilted his head to look over, so as not to get misunderstood, Xiào Mu quickly walked past the door.

Leo stared at the door, frowning.

Xiào Mu came downstairs and saw Zorn standing at the entrance of the study. He greeted him and walked to the dining room when the doorbell rang. So he walked over and opened the door, and ended up staring at the person for a moment. The visitor was very tall, at least 1.9 meters tall. What surprised him was that the man was very beautiful. If Xiào Mu ever hears someone use this word to describe a tall man, he will definitely silently rant about the usage of the keyword. But now, he felt that the word ‘beautiful’ is too suitable for the man at the door. The man is as beautiful as a two-dimensional character. Though, with his height and the boldness between his brows, he will never be mistaken as the wrong gender.

“Hmm, who are you? You look really good.” Lyle raised his eyebrows in surprise when he saw the stranger opening the door. As he said that, he reached out and touched Xiào Mu’s face. Then he curved his lips and smiled, “Feels good too.”

Xiào Mu’s eyes suddenly widened, and he took a step back quickly. Before he had time to react to this person’s bold action, he was shocked by the changes in his spiritual barrier. The moment this person touched him, his spiritual barrier actually became thinner. Although the speed was slower than when he was in contact with Leo, it still shocked him. One Leo is dangerous enough, so why is there another one?! Xiào Mu tried his best to control the agitated spiritual filaments due to Lyle’s touch.

Lyle looked at the stranger’s flushed face and chuckled, “Your face is really red, how innocent!”

Xiào Mu twitched the corners of his mouth but did not speak. He turned around, wanting to ask Zorn if they want to let this person in. Unexpectedly, when he turned his head, he saw Leo standing at the top of the stairs, looking at him with complicated eyes.

A hint of interest flashed in Lyle’s eyes, and he raised his hand to put on Xiào Mu’s shoulder, “My name is Lyle, what’s the name of this little beauty?”

Xiào Mu was startled and slapped Lyle’s hand away. He rushed to the dining room, as his face turned redder because of the suppression of spiritual filaments.

Leo frowned more tightly. Xiào Mu’s reaction was so familiar to him; the panic when he was touched, and the blush when he was close, there were all familiar. Only before, these reactions were in front of him. Unlike now, it is not because of him. He suddenly became irritable and looked at Lyle, “Why are you here so early?”

Lyle smiled and raised his eyebrows, “I came for free breakfast, of course.” He waved to Zorn. “Where is the marshal?”

“Communicating with Lieutenant-General,” Zorn said.

Leo walked to the dining table and sat down. Lyle took a seat next to Xiào Mu and asked Leo with a smile, “Are you not going to introduce us?”

Leo glanced at him lightly before saying, “Xiào Mu,” and then at he looked at Xiào Mu, “Major General Lyle Bruce.”

Xiào Mu noted down this person’s name and secretly reminded himself that he should keep his distance in the future. He greeted, “Major General Lyle.” While saying hello, he checked Lyle’s red and blue bars. His spiritual power and physical stamina were both 8,800, a Level AA+ sentinel.

“Oh,” Lyle suddenly smiled when he heard the name. “I heard Lieutenant General Louis mentioned you before.”

Xiào Mu nodded but did not speak as he needs to concentrate now. In his experience, the match rate between Lyle and him is certainly not low. Having 2 sentinels with a high matching rate sitting close by his side is really tormenting for him. His spiritual filaments will come out from time to time, and he must concentrate on controlling them. Fortunately, there is a spiritual barrier blocking them, or he will be exposed long ago.