It's Oh-Fish-Ial!

The professor walked to the cabinet and opened it, but was puzzled to see that there were dozens of seasonings scattered inside. Salt, spiced salt, verjuice, lemon, cayenne, paprika, curry...too much to name, and he certainly didn't know the right one to get.

[Professor] ...I think it would be better if you just came by.

[Mitsuru] Hm..? O-Oh..sorry...how could I-I expect you to know...

Mitsuru then left the pot unattended and went to pick out four or so seasonings. The professor went off to a different area, probably to work on his next invention, or procrastinate about something else.

[Mitsuru] G-got it!

Based on the expression on Mitsuru's face, he was certain that this dish would be exceptionally tasty—certainly good enough to wow the new guest.

[Ges/Caesar] Ugh.

Ges was still getting used to her new clothes. She was grateful, but she liked things like skirts and crop tops, not long cotton dresses. Following that, she headed towards the area where Mitsuru was at to see that he had a table and chairs set up , but they were different from the ones they sat at before. It was more tidy, with a huge pot in the center.

[Ges/Caesar] Ooo, so the foods ready?

[Mitsuru] A-almost...just waiting on Sh-shu...

[Ges/Caesar] Where even is he?

[Mitsuru] I-I think he-he's working on an..an invention...I'll go g-get him...

In the meantime Ges sat down, filing her teeth, she was glad she didn't have to eat those MRE's. After a few minutes, Mitsuru returned with Birch, yanking at his arms in an attempt to get him to sit at the table.

[Mitsuru] C-come...eat! It-It's hot..!

[Professor] But I have no time to rest, the world is at stake!

[Mitsuru] O-Once you have your s-stomach full...th-then you'll be a-able to work b-better...

[Professor] If you insist...

In order to keep it clean, Birch removed his lab coat before sitting down. Mitsuru then went to get paper towels from one of the cabinets and gave two pieces each to Birch, Ges, and him. He then proceeded to the mini fridge and took out a large jug of sweet tea along with some plastic cups to reduce the amount of dishes he would need to wash. At last, he picked up the plates and cutlery they would need and used them to set the table. Ges tried to ask if she could help, but Mitsuru declined, believing it impolite for a guest to be setting the table.

[Mitsuru] P-Phew...finally d-done...n-now let me open the pot...

As soon as Mitsuru lifted the lid, a beautiful scent wafted out. Ges couldn't tell what the scent was,  but pickled plum and salmon were the closest things that came to mind. In her head she was levitating, like she was in heaven, her mouth salivating.