Chapter 8:

The two made quite a terrifying team. Aidan had Ian's back, and Ian had Aidan's front. Aidan was strong alone, and so was Ian but together no one really stood in their way. That was until Orlando stood in front of them. Ian got into position ready to attack but stopped when Orlando started talking.

"Aidan, why would you work with them? How are you feeling?"

"Orlando... Why was I brought here?" Aidan glared slightly, and Orlando brought his hands up.

"They went against my orders and kidnapped you. No harm was supposed to come to you at all. I swear, I still have intense feelings for you. I understand what I did that night was wrong, and I regret it. But you weren't on my list to harm."

"Strangely enough I believe you, unfortunately, it happened."

"Why are you working with them?"

"Aidan? Is this what you meant by "you guys have history together?" Ian asked, confused, and Aidan sighed.

"Yeah, I really don't wanna talk about it right now. Should we get out of here?"

"Well, we're kinda looking for something. He has one of our men."

"Oh, need help finding him?"

"Sure..."

"Aidan, why would you help my enemy? Me and you have way more history."

"Ugh, sure we may have that. But you were nothing more than a classmate to me. I don't share the same feelings, let it go."

Suddenly Orlando had Aidan by his throat. Orlando was fast, and Ian didn't have time to react. Aidan kicked Orlando in his stomach sending him flying to the wall.

"Ian, you go,"

"Not if I can help it," Orlando said, holding up a remote. It didn't take a genius to figure out what that was.

"What's that?" Ian asked.

"Of course, you wouldn't know..." Aidan rolled his eyes and tried to grab it from Orlando.

"What?"

"Orlando, would you really go to such lengths?"

"For them, yes, but I want to make sure you are safe, my dearest."

"First gross, secondly if you follow through, then I am gonna die."

"No... You will leave now and get to safety."

"Not happening..." Aidan used this chance and slammed Orlando into the wall behind him. He kicked Orlando in the stomach before grabbing Ian's arm who was confused.

"Don't do this Aidan," Orlando said trying to get the remote away from Aidan who was wrestling with him on the floor.

"Ian, you, and Thomas need to get out! It's a bomb!"

"What? He would go that far and kill his men?"

"Apparently so, he won't do it if I am though."

"We aren't doing a sacrifice here," Ian groaned. He said, realizing the severity of the situation now. He jumped in and held Orlando still as Aidan got a hold of the remote.

"Go Aidan, you are the only person I trust not to blow the place. I will deal with him."

"Noted, you better not die. Don't need that on my conscience. Meet me at my home when you guys get out of here."

Aidan got up and made his way out of the area. He dodged people who were fighting, and he only assumed it was the other idiot that Aidan had met. He knew he couldn't really help because in his hand was the remote that could kill them all. Once he was out of the house, he made sure no one was following him before making his way back home. He knew he wouldn't be able to stay there because he faintly remembered that Orlando had been to his home before for a school project.

Once he made it home, he took the remote and disarmed it, so nothing accidentally pressed the button. He decided he would pack the most important things as he waited for Ian and Thomas to return assuming neither one of them died.

He finished packing the main things that he would need, like his electronics. He then grabbed his keys just as his apartment door opened. Ian was carrying Thomas around the arm, and Aidan looked at him.

"Aidan, we need to leave. If you have-"

"I know, here, use this to stop his bleeding. Let's get into my car," Aidan said, grabbing the first aid kit and his bag with his stuff before leaving the apartment. Ian placed Thomas in the back seat and sat back there with him, as Aidan tossed his stuff in the passenger seat and started driving.

"Sorry, I am getting blood all over your back seat," Thomas said.

"It's fine, I know how to clean blood out. Just do me a favor and not die in my back seat. The last thing I need is a dead body in my car."

"Still so cold," Thomas said but he ended up hissing in pain and Ian apologized.

"My bad..."

Aidan stayed silent as he got on the highway and started driving faster. The faster they were out of town, the better.

"So, Aidan. Where are we going?" Ian asked, and Aidan leaned back in his seat.

"My home, my grandfather left to me. It's in the middle of nowhere on some back road. It's about two hours away from the city."

"Oh, okay. Well, we appreciate you taking us with you."

"Well in a way, you did help me out. Probably wouldn't have made it out, if you weren't there."

"What were you doing there anyway?" Thomas asked after Ian finished treating his wounds.

"I don't want to talk about it... I just got caught slipping and wasn't fully on my guard."

"Ah..."

Aidan continued to drive as everyone fell silent, Aidan looked in the rearview mirror to see that Thomas had fallen asleep probably due to the amount of blood he lost, and Ian was looking out the window. He focused back on the road, with the main destination in mind.