"Seductive Schemes"-Chapter Nine

Charlotte's POV:

I woke up and dashed into my closet to get ready. Revenge is what I was going to take from Asher. I am going to make sure he begs for me. I texted him: '12, lunch at Starlight.' Starlight is a famous restaurant where I have a private booth. I might not use my family's name for success, but I have earned enough to get myself a private booth there.

As I put on my makeup and adjusted the deep neckline of my dress, I couldn't stop thinking about how Asher left me hanging, craving his touch. That rejection made me want revenge. Today, at Starlight, I'll show him who's boss.

While I got ready, doubts crept in. Was getting back at him really the right move, or was I just trying to cover up how hurt I felt?

But I shook off those doubts. I was determined to make him regret leaving me. I'd show him I'm not someone to mess with. And as I stepped out the door, heading to Starlight, I knew today was all about taking back my power.

Charlotte's outfit:

Charlotte's heels:

He was late—30 minutes late, to be exact—but I had to tough it out

He was late—30 minutes late, to be exact—but I had to tough it out. Just as I was about to lose my patience, I saw him entering the restaurant. I adjusted my dress, pushed up my boobs, and slid the slit of my dress to make my legs appear longer.

As Asher finally approached the table, I greeted him with a cool smile. "Hello, Mr. Knight, quite early, aren't you?"

"Hello, Miss White. I am sorry for being late; there was an accident on the road," he explained, his tone carrying a hint of worry.

"Are you okay? Did something happen to you?" My irritation flew off, and concern covered my tone. He looked at me, and a flicker of emotion passed through his eyes, which would have been missed by me if I hadn't observed him with great interest. He assured me he was well and sat down on the couch opposite mine.

Him sitting down reminded me of my revenge. I leaned forward towards him, which showed him my cleavage, and forwarded him the menu. "Please order whatever you want, Mr. Knight. Today's bill is on me." His eyes flickered at my boobs, and I saw lust pass through them—a clear sign, an open book, but only to those who would observe him very keenly. I kept the menu book close to my chest. As soon as his hand came forward to take the book, it brushed over my clothed nipple making me let out a moan.