Chapter 1 (Dream)

Once again, I found myself ensnared in a haunting dream. The relentless pursuit of a black shadow, coupled with the suffocating sensation, left me screaming without a voice. Awakening from this nightmare, I witnessed the shadow swiftly retreating from my room, a silent watcher in the darkness. These eerie occurrences, spanning just a few days, have taken a toll on my usual energy, leaving me feeling out of sorts.

Early morning, I prepared for school, gathering my belongings before heading out. As I disembarked from my ride, a dark, towering figure caught my eye by a tall tree. However, in the blink of an eye, it vanished. The first subject whizzed by, and during recess, as I shared a moment with my friend Vincent, I inadvertently glanced at the tree, finding the shadow perched atop it. Terrified, I fled, leaving my bewildered friend behind. In the bathroom, I wept, haunted by the vision, when an unseen force thrust me to the floor, hands tightening around my neck.

Silent screams echoed until Vincent abruptly woke me. My cries filled the classroom, leaving some classmates in tears. The teacher, scolding me, noticed blood streaming from my nose. As the bleeding intensified, I lost consciousness. The nurse revived me, and in the infirmary, the black shadow reappeared in the corner. Why couldn't they see it? I questioned silently. Feigning illness, I avoided divulging the truth, opting to stay in the infirmary.

Observing the corner, I realized the shadow had vanished. Questions lingered, echoing in my mind: What was that thing, and why was it relentlessly following me?