Chapter 2 (why?)

Returning home, my mind brimming with unanswered questions about why this was happening to me and why I seemed to be the target of the ominous entity, I sought answers from a local faith healer. Despite my inquiries and requests for rituals, the healer insisted there was nothing amiss. The confusion deepened—why couldn't they see it, and why was I tormented in this way?

Days passed, and my dreams persisted like a broken record, accompanied by the suffocating feeling in an empty room. School routines continued, with Zoren's cheerful greeting masking the inner turmoil. Determined not to let the shadow dictate my life, I tried to dismiss its presence, but it inevitably caught up with me.

Alone during recess, doors slammed shut, triggering panic. The classroom turned chaotic as chairs defied gravity, causing a commotion that drew the concern of those outside. Exhausted from the ordeal, I succumbed to unconsciousness. Zoren, a steadfast friend, helped me up, drove me home, and listened as I recounted the bizarre events.

Despite lingering questions, I chose to push them aside. The shadow ceased its haunting for a while, allowing me to enjoy moments with friends, engaging in online games and relishing a newfound peace. Months passed without a trace of the entity, and life seemed serene.

But tranquility, as I would soon discover, is often deceptive.