39. In His Arms (Mature)

"Nicolas!" I gasped.

The thief who stole my heart smirked.

The moonlight fell upon us. His soft hair was messy, like he ran his veiny tattooed hand through his hair many times. A tint of relief and happiness were sparkling in his eyes. His ocean blue eyes were holding the whole midnight darkness.

My heart started racing. A huge emotion crushed over me. I never thought I would see Nicolas this early. Of course, I forgot what he was capable of.

"Why did you leave, Natalia?" He rasped, looking into my eyes.

"I didn't. I had to come back to my family and fix something." I whispered.

"You know, my brain wasn't working when I heard you're gone. Then I took my private jet and directly came here because I knew they'd take you here at first." He sighed.

"I missed you, Natalia, so damn much." He growled before pressing my petite body on his hard chest tightly.

"I missed you too." I sobbed out and didn't waste any time to hug him tightly.

"You're injured Nicolas. How did you climb up here?" I quickly shot my head up and asked him, when I understood he wasn't totally recovered.

"My team helped me." Nicolas chuckled and pointed his finger down.

Stephen, Mariano, Alexander and Victor were standing beside a ladder that was leaning against the wall and whispering something to themselves.

God, I couldn't believe these men!

When they noticed me they waved their hand at me and mouthed a 'hi'. I pressed my palm on my mouth and laughed.

"I can't believe you guys!" I slapped Nicolas' chest and giggled.

Nicolas smiled widely.

"You didn't even see the half of the things we're capable of." Nicolas grinned.

"You guys don't forget to use protection out of over excitement!" I heard Mariano whisper-shouted.

Everyone chuckle at his words but I was blushing hard.

"Go away." I growled at Mariano before hiding my face in Nicolas' chest.

"Leave the ladder here. I'll be back in the morning." Nicolas waved at his friends.

"Yeah we know. Don't get caught." Stephen teased.

"I feel like teenager again." Alexander laughed out loud but Mariano quickly pressed his hand on his mouth and shut him up.

"You dumbass! You're going to get us caught!" Mariano whisper-shouted at Alexander, who grimaced his face and shoved Mariano's hand off of his mouth.

"You dick! You hands are holding a pile of bacteria! Are you intended to infect me?!" Alexander spat and narrowed his face.

"Before I put a bullet between your asses, leave this place!" Nicolas grabbed a handful of dry soil from one of the tubs and threw it in their direction.

"Ouch! Nick!" Alexander wailed out.

"Stop fucking quarrelling! Let's go." Stephen gripped the back of Alexander and Mariano's neck and started walking with them out of the garden to the street.

"I don't know why I'm even here, God." Victor shrugged before waving us goodbye.

I couldn't help but giggle at their childishness. They're so vivacious when they're together.

Suddenly Nicolas grabbed me by my neck and made me look at him. He leaned forward until his hot breath was hitting my earlobe.

"Don't ever leave me like that, babygirl. You know it's so easy to find you out. Because you're made for me. You can deny me but you can never deny the connection between our soul." He whispered in my ears, sending electric impulses through my veins.