CHAPTER 14

After a tiresome day, Karna returned from Magadha abit early. On the shore of Yamuna he sat in silence, all his concentration solemnly on his father who directed his rays on him which assured Karna of his father always watching over him.

He found comfort in the waves of Yamuna which was a reminder of his dear sister Yami who was a second mother to him. The peace he found in the surrounding made him stay abit long relishing the moment as the touch of his father vanish all his earlier tiredness.

Lost in the serenity of his surrounding he didn't realized he sat there for long, he sigh as he began his journey towards the palace. Walking on the street of Anga ,he felt satisfied hearing  the laughter of the younger ones who were playing nearby.

It reminded him of his younger days with his younger brother Shon when they needed not think or care about anything. The days where they only looked forward on who to prank and later their Mata will twist their ears when complain about them reach her ears but immediately their Baba will try to berate them she'l stand as their shield protecting them from his scolding.

Oh how he missed his father who though strict but didn't fail on impacting them with educative lessons which as Karna grew up he learned something from them.

His childhood was his best days which gave him the best of cherished memories with his family with their parents shielding them from the cruelty of the society. Though his happy memories was later snatched replaced by haunting nightmares seeing his ones happy family crumble infront of him only because he dared to dream higher.

Even though being young he had to grow up and shield his only sister who by then didn't understood the cruelty of the world. Growing up he missed the days where he only used to think of which game to play the next day and which food will their Mata prepare for them.

He missed her Mata's pampering which they received from her whenever they returned home at the end of the day. Her food which lacked spices but was filled with her maternal love and how she fed them with her own hands.

They had a beautiful and simple life surrounded with their parents love and care. But after their demise that's when he understood the real world when he had to walk all over Aryavrat with Anamika on his back due to lack of shelter and when he had to do minimal work in exchange for food to quench the hunger of his younger sister.

He himself knew how much he had to live on water inorder to store his share for Anamika for he knew not all days were lucky for them. He became an elder to Anamika but none was their to shield or comfort him whenever he used to cry in darkness when his heart shatters in every step he took when his efforts proved futile.

He recalled an incident where he lost hope and was almost cursed by a sage even after saving his Kamandalu which was almost knocked by a bull when he was in meditation. The sage blamed him for disrupting his meditation and his anger increased on seeing his Kamandalu on his hands thinking he was about to drink his holy water

If not for intervention of Sage Bharadvaja who arrived on time and salvage the anger of the sage by explaining the situation on the angered sage whom he later learned was Sage Duvrasa he don't know what would have been his fate.

At that time being shaken he stood in silence as he watched the sage close his eyes to later open it and he was confused seeing regret pass in his eyes which he thought was due to the Sage almost cursing him injustly.