chapter twenty

Marshaun Everett Mills

My leg shook uncontrollably as i sat next to khamyri's bedside, tears brimming my lids seeing her face badly swollen and bandages wrapped around half of her body.

She had old & fresh bruises all over her body.

"Mar" jhy's voice took me out of my thoughts, my head snapped toward the hospital room door. He slowly walked into the room, his eyes darting from me to khamyri, who laid in the bed asleep with monitors & machines hooked to her.

"what happened?"

"she was dropped off in the er with severe head trauma, bruising, swelling and the doctors noted that she has significant vaginal trauma.

"jhyzir, it also appears that khamyri may have been pregnant during these last few months. She has extensive scarring and tissue damage from a failed surgical procedure. She will not be able to have any more kids."

his mouth dropped, "c-can you take this kids for me? I don't want them to see her like this." he sighed, i nodding getting up & walking out of the room.

A frown plastered all over my face as i watched him sit at the bottom of her bed holding & kissing her hand.

khamyri a'lesia kolton

my eyes fluttered open adjusting to the bright ass light shining in my eyes, "mm-don't try to talk sweetie, you're in the hospital. you are safe, and a few people want to see you."

I slowly nod my head as the nurse helps me sit up in the bed. A small smile graces my face seeing my family, "baby, my gosh Im so glad you are awake." my aunt krystal said sitting on the end of the bed.

"drink this" this nurse said, handing me the cup of water. I took a sip instantly feeling the coldness soothe my sore throat.

"thank you." i smile small.

"h-how long have i been here?" i stutter looking around the room as everyone looked at each other.

"a month. you were in a medically induced coma with severe injuries."

"w-what about..." my eyes glance down at my pudgy stomach, my eyes start to watery.

"I am so sorry, khamyri." my doctor spoke with soft eyes. "what happened?"

"during your surgery we discovered that you had an extensive amount of scar tissue, we aren't sure if you gave birth prematurely or if your kidnappers forcibly removed the fetus during an at home abortion procedure."

my heart broke into a million pieces as tears stained my cheeks. No one could find the correct words to say to uplift my spirits.

I didn't know what to say nor tell everyone as they looked at me with worried facial expressions. "please get out." i sniffled, turning away from everyone.

"ok, we will check up on you another day & time. I love you baby girl." my dad mumbles kissing my forehead, i nod saying goodbye to everyone as they left.

a/n:

checking in, how is everyone doing today ? 👀

late update, but still an update 💕

khamyri woke up from her coma, finally 😊

jhyzir got to see khamyri first before she woke up 🙂

how do y'all think it'll go when kham sees the kids ?

thoughts?

05/14/2024