chapter twenty five

khamyri a'lesia kolton

I sit at the kitchen island typing away on the macbook, filling out a few school applications for the kids. "good morning," a chipper jhyzir spoke walking into kitchen with jrue and jhymari.

"good morning. what are you guys doing today?"

jhymari looks up at his dad with a huge grin on his face, "noothing." he drags out.

I raise my brow at them, "ok..."  i narrow my gaze back at the laptop in front of me, typing away. "where are the girls?" jhyzir questions, helping jrue tie his shoes.

"they are in jurnee's room with meriyah, they sort of got into a little disagreement while playing."

"and you're down here?" jhyzir furrows.

"i talked to jurnee, she knows she was wrong, i put her on electronic time out." i said dryly, focusing on my typing.

"boys, get in the car. ill be out in a few minutes. me and mommy have to talk."

I exhaled a deep breath, mentally counting to ten. The boys walk out of the house and away from earshot, "what do we need to talk about jhy?" i shut my computer and give him my full attention.

"what exactly happened?"

"meriyah was using the iPad & jurnee wanted it so she took it from her, meriyah got upset and lashed out hitting jurnee. me and milan handled the situation." i spoke in one breath.

"why would she do something like that?"

"they are toddlers, they don't know any better. simple things happen all of the time." i shrug, "now go do whatever you and the boys were going to do. have fun & be safe." i tight lip smile pecking his cheek.

He grabs my wrist, turning me to face him. "i love you so much." he mumbles kissing my forehead.

"i love you too" i peck his lips, pulling away from him. I walk him to the garage and watch them pull out the driveway and drive out the neighborhood.

"ok, so the girls want ice cream & we don't have any." milan grimaces coming out of the kitchen.

"im not going to the market til tomorrow so we can go get them some ice cream from the mall." i shrug, she nods walking back upstairs to their room. I went into my room to take a quick shower and get dressed, i threw on a basic fit.

Milan came downstairs carrying jurnee in her arms, "if you don't put her butt down" i shake my head laughing. "mama ri!" meriyah smiled eyes big, she ran over to me, showing off her outfit.

"awe, you look sooo cute princess!" i cooed spinning her around in my arms.

| hours later |

"mommy, can i get gummy bears on my ice cream please?" jurnee's bright glossed over eyes look up at me, her lips curling into a pout.

"yes, of course. whatever you want." i smile down at her, the point turns into a big smile and she claps her hands while jumping up and down.

I let the lady know each one of our toppings and we exit the ice cream shop toward the food court. "here you all go. mint oreo for milan and vanilla swirl for meriyah." i smile handing each of them their ice creams.

"thank you" they replied with smiles.

"you're welcome" i respond sitting beside milan while meriyah and jurnee sat next to each other swapping their ice creams back and forth.

"i think we created two little inseparable besties for life." milan whispers making me nod and laugh, "i think we have."

a/n:

ending things off with a cute mother/daughter ice cream date .. suupes cute 🥰 !

also guy's I've decided to write a sequel to ALL MINE, called ALL OURS, solely based on the kids in their teens.

I haven't determined the released date for chapter one yet, but it'll be sometime soon

thoughts?

05/18/2024