CHAPTER EIGHT; Primary School Reunion.

Two weeks has passed since I resumed in Osa community Junior Secondary School and I haven't made a friend not even an acquaintance.

    Today being Wednesday, I sat in my class today because I didn't feel like going to the library. Ever since I entered the library and studied without Mrs. Yejide's presence, I've been going there regularly even when Mrs. Yejide was present.

   She asked me for my name yesterday and I answered the exact same way she taught me to do the very first day I entered the library. "Is the library your class?" she asked after I gave her the proper answer to her first question.

"No ma." I responded surprisingly . "Why are you always coming here? what if there is a teacher in your class room? how would you know?" I went silent immediately after these questions not knowing how to give an answer to them. She finally asked me to leave and I left. So today, I decided to respect my self and stay in my class, I mean who knows, she might gat mad and flog me today  of she sees me in the library.

     I saw a group of students standing outside the classroom  from where I was sitting in the Cass room.

"oh! no! they have brought new students again ! where would they stay ! ah!" I heard Muini grumbling beside me. I looked at her in agreement and nodded.  Mr. Dele beckoned on them to enter the class room. when they came into  the class room, they just stood in front and looked nervous because ot the unwelcoming atmosphere at the moment. They didn't have sits and nobody was willing to sacrifice theirs or share theirs. I saw a familiar face amongst. I wondered why this person, a girl looked like some one I knew only that she was on low cut, wait a minute, 'hey that's Cynthia' I thought out loud which got me an angry stare from Muini. " Cynthia  ! Cynthia!" I called her joyfully while waving and beckoning on her to come to my sit.

She looked at me with surprise and happiness then there was a  flash of sadness as she looked at the long row that  was filled with tables and chairs leading to my sit. She shook her head and turned as if to say 'no, I can't walk on  the desks and chairs to come to you . ' I called out to her at the top of my voice because the class is extremely noisy " Cynthia! you have to come , because there is an extra sit for you here ,don't worry climb the tables, walk on them nothing bad would happen. " She finally nodded and started walking on the desk towards me , she looked like Jesus walking on water only that on this case, she was walking on desks.  She got to me and we hugged regardless of how noisy and congested the class is. It didn't affect our love.We finally left each other and smiled not without gasping for breathe. She is a really busty girl. she is too busty for her age. She is 13 years old almost two years older than me.

   "Cynthia , there is space here you can sit down, keep your bag here. " I said while beckoning on her to sit besides me. " She can't sit her , there is no space. " I heard the sharp and cold remark. from Muini who was just sitting there the whole time and watching us while  we were hugging and exchanging pleasantries feelings really irritated. When I looked at her , It seemed like she was holdings a vomit in.

"why not? but there's nobody sitting here it's just three of us and the sit can take three students." I said responded to her in innocently hoping that she would change her mind.

     Her response was a No! sharper than the previous remarks. Cynthia looked at me disappointed as if I had  just failed a test she gave you me woefully. "Don't worry, I'll find some where else to sit. " she said quietly and asked Fatima sitting in front of me and eating her food if there was an empty sit beside her.

   In private Schools, students are not allowed to eat until break time but her in public schools , precisely Osa community Secondary School? students eat when ever they want  to  before or after break. Which ever one suites them. I think this  is as a result of being idle due to lack of constant teaching.

     Fatima shook her head and pointed at the sit directly in front of me and signalled to Cynthia to ask the fat girl on the sit. She asked and the girl nodded and allowed her in. Cynthia looked at me mockingly and smiled. Well, we aren't best friends but we've known each other for  so Long.

   She sat down and started talking to the  girl totally ignoring me. Well, I wasn't at all moved by her attitude.

    I noticed that a lot of the new students, were my primary School mate. I didn't know all of them but I knew their faces well enough to recognize them.

    During break, I went to the food vendor on my own. I was able to get something after struggling and squeezing in for almost thirty minutes. When I started heading to my classroom, I saw Cynthia and another girl walking side by side laughing and smiling at each other. At this moment jealousy took a hold of me and I couldn't hold it any more, I walked up to Cynthia and smiled saying " Um, Cynthia is this your friend?" her response was "huh? well, she is and her name is Lisa, do you know her?" she looked at me strangely and the girl , knowing what I meant by my question quickly added "Do you know Cynthia from somewhere? I just met her , we are sharing a desk so, she asked if I could direct her to the food vendor so that's what I'm doing now. I'd you like, you can take her along with you. "

" No need, I'm going to the library now, so bye have fun. " I responded smiling at the both of them sweetly."

     I went to the classroom with my School bag on my back as usual, I said good bye to Muini, as I was going to stay in the library until school closes as usual. I took my bag to the library and kept it at the usual spot and headed for my favourite sit with my notebook and pen in my hand. My favourite sit is at the Window facing the street to the school. This place is very quiet and secluded, far from Mrs. Yejide and Mr. Adesola's  annoying gaze and Rhetorical questions. I brought out my unfinished note book and started writing.

     Guess what? I brought my lunch to the library even though it's not allowed. Thank goodness , I have a very deep pocket that is able to swallow my bread and egg sandwich and ice cream without a showing a sign and also, the annoying library prefect wasn't there to walk  around and send those who are eating out. I ate while writing.

    I finally finished writing my business studies note . I felt so relieved after this because this is my final note. I felt so good. So I finished all my notes in almost three weeks.

    I didn't go back to my classroom until I heard the closing bell followed by the overwhelmingly joyful noise from the students. I wanted to say Good bye to Cynthia but she was already gone by the time I got to the classroom  my countenance fell when I saw this. "Winner, let's go home." I turned and saw Chubuikem smiling at me with his perfect teeth. "Oh wow! don't you have classes today? " I asked , smiling back at him, his appearance instantly changed my mood. I knew I wasn't lonely after all.

" Yes , I do but I miss you. I have to protect you. so let's go." He held out his hand to me and I took it and walked out of the classroom with him.  We walked home happily telling each other our experiences for the past one week that we've been apart.

     As usual, he dropped me off at my door post and went to his house. I didn't do much at home because as usual, I didn't have any assignments and I had already finished my notes.

       I couldn't sleep at night, I kept thinking about Cynthia and why she didn't like me. Well, maybe that's why they say 'life is full of surprises. '