CHAPTER FOURTEEN; Suspecting Chibuikem

I am so relieved and relaxed to be around Mary today after yesterday's experience with her.

    I'm also happy to be around her because my mum. and Dad approved of our friendship and plus, my mum decided that since Chibuikem is very busy ,that's  what I told her.... I lied because I'm still upset with him, I should walk home with Mary and it's fine If I follow the bus stop Routine but I should be very careful of the cars and motorcycles. I told her about this of course because I felt so guilty and I also thought I was going to die if being poisoned by Mary who I'm not really sure is human, Alien or Spirit. " Mummy please, I have something to tell you."

"Tell me, I'm listening."

"Um, Mary, out church member, she bought Ice cream and meat pie for me today and I ate it without showing you. I'm sorry.... I'm would I die?"

"Ah, no, who told you that? " She widened her eyes in surprise when I asked if I would die.

" You, told me that not all human beings are human beings and-"

" Hey , keep quiet, you this girl you talk too much. Look, that doesn't mean that every food someone gives to you is poisoned, no! But you just have to listen to your spirit, if your spirit says don't touch it then don't touch it. Mary was only being a good and loving friend that's why she shared her snacks with you. So it would not be nice for you to take it. Please just be careful. I can allow you take snacks from Mary but not food. Don't take anything form anybody else even teachers. " She smiled at me.

   Her smile gave me the confidence to ask her another question. To be honest, if I could see into the future or listen to my spirit, I wouldn't have asked her this. " Um, Mummy, why , I'm... Mary gets five hundred naira or one thousand naira as her pocket money to School everyday -"

   " Eh ehn.. and so?"

" So, Um.... why can't I also get that kind of amount to School- ow! " I cried in pain as her slippers hit me directly on my face .

" You this girl, haven't I warned you about comparing your self with somebody? Is Mary's Uncle your Daddy? are all fingers equal?" she stood up from the small kitchen stool she has been sitting on the whole while we were discussing and tied her wrapped that was almost falling off her chest.

   " Mummy, I know all fingers are not equal, but why do we have to be the shortest one? "

" Ah! Winner! are you out of your senses? who said we are the ... in fact, leave my presence now! " She was already shouting, looking red as usual. I didn't leave, I stood there staring at her while frowning at her.

  " You are still standing there, you are still.. " She started looking around for something to hit me. I quickly ran out of the kitchen and went to the room. My house is really small so it took me a split second to get there. I still Heard my mum shouting behind me. To be honest, I really don't understand mum's sometimes. One minute they are happy another they are sad or angry. The confusion in my heart increased when she said I should listen to my spirit. How would I do that? Do I even have a spirit. I just decided to clear my head by assisting Happiness  and Peace with her homework since I didn't have any.

    " What are you thinking about winner?" Mary asked me.

" Oh! nothing." By this time, we had already gotten to the food vendor, we were heading for the Ice cream stand when she said something really sad to me" Did you bring money? because I'm not going to buy Ice cream for you... I'm saving my money."

" oh! no need I'll buy my Ice cream myself."

I knew deep down that I was lying. I didn't want to buy anything with my money today. I felt too relaxed with my mum's statement to me last night. I made up my mind to take as much snacks as she gives me but not food.