CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; I'm Used To It!

I am so excited because this is my final term in Osa community Secondary School.

I won't be here next term and I'm so happy about it. When I told Cynthia I was leaving this School her response was"Well, if you like leave that's not my business. I just won't miss you!" I angrily responded to her hash comment by saying the same to her but deep down in my soul, I knew I was going to miss everyone in Osa community School.

    This term, we finally got an agricultural Science teacher his name is Mr. Godfrey.

When Mr. Mohammed came to  the Class to introduce Mr. Godfrey to us, I can remember that he looked really shy. When he spoke, he sounded really dull and fake "Good morning everyone -How is, are... how are you all?" The whole class laughed and answered the new teacher. If not for Mr. Mohammed's frown, Mr. Godfrey would have gotten a worse treatments from the students in my class. Students who laugh and make fun of teachers especially from their mistakes.

    Mr. Godfrey toughened up after three days with us. This morning, he came into our class and ordered the girls in front to go and sweep his office and when they protested he threatened them with an invincible cane. He then told us that he'll be back in the afternoon to teach us more.

   Now, he is back! Seeing him here has made me feel a certain kind of disgust for him. Why is he doing too much? I mean he has been in our Class consecutively this week and this is the third time in row. When the Class captain asked his response was"Well, I have to do this because since your resumption you all haven't had an Agricultural Science teacher. This is for you own good please co-operate with me. " He pleased pitifully.

  When he was done teaching us, He gave us " home-work" again.No teacher in Osa School gives home work because of the outstanding population of the classes. Mr. Godfrey gives and surprisingly, he marks them! Mr. Godfrey marks them alone.

Yesterday he explained to us that he stayed up all night marking our homeworks and that most of us did rubbish. This teacher, is by far different from the other teachers in the School. He is very hardworking ;He copies the notes he forms by himself not from textbook on the board for us to write, He also stays long in our class making sure that even the dumbest students understands him before he leaves. Most outstandingly, he has offered to teach us during our free period. The free period that I wasn't even aware of because we most of the times we were always free due to lack of teachers and the irresponsibility or laziness of some teachers.

  Now guess what? The above reasons are the reason why I don't like Mr. Godfrey. I dislike him. He doesn't let me go to the Library as often as I should, he doesn't let me eat before break or after break in my class, well, I ate in his class this afternoon. He also doesn't let me watch my cartoons and play when I get home because of his annoying homework, which for the past two days has required the internet. I had to use my neighbors smart phone because neither of my parents have a smart phone. Now, his assignment today requires that we use the internet, and that's  not all,I also have to go to the  cafe and print it out. The only good thing is that he asked for the submission of the assignment on Friday which is the next two days because today is Wednesday.

   "Mary what do you think of Mr. Godfrey?" I asked my best friend as we walked to the bus stop together from School.

"Mr. Godfrey?"

"Mr. Godfrey, the Agricultural Science teacher -"

"Oh! that black man." She described him like he was an object.

"Ah ahn... Mary he is still a fine man."

"then Marry him -"

"me?"