Chapter 7

Twenty Dollars-Worth of Love

Chapter 7

"Hey," I said back. He was standing in front of the sofa, his dark hair was all over his forehead. Those blue-green eyes looked straight into mine, and his lips curved upwards forming a smile.

 God, I missed that smile.

 "What's up?" I said awkwardly as we sat down the sofa.

  "Same old. How about you? Dane said you were hit by ice," he said, a flash of concern glistened in his perfect emerald eyes.

 "Well, better I guess," I answered.

 Oh, so that's why he came here, just to see how I am. For a moment I wanted to punch him in the face and say 'Hey Trent. I'm doing great, I have a boyfriend now.' But I knew that wasn't true, so I decided not to.

 "Can we talk?" he said bluntly, like us talking wasn't much of a big deal.

 "We're talking now," I said.

 "No, I meant somewhere else, just the two of us," he said with pleading eyes.

 "Yeah, tomorrow's a weekend," I answered.

 "Great, I'll pick you up at seven, okay?" he said smiling widely.

 "Okay," I said slowly. Was he asking me out? No, it couldn't be. He said we were just going to talk, nothing else.

 "Well, I better go now. I was actually from Boston, taking care of scholarship for college," he said as he stood up, flashing me one of his famous grin.

 "Smarty pants," I said rolling my eyes at him as we walked to the door.

 "Well, you know me," he said laughing. Man, I missed that laugh. And yes, I know him. He wasn't that athletic type but he was the silent-smart type in class.

 "So I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Sky, take care," he said. Shivers ran up and down my spine when he said my name.

 "You too," I said and then he bent down slightly and kissed me on the cheek. I watched from the doorway as he walked to his car and drove off.

Once he was completely out of sight, I closed the door  and leaned my back against it. I took a deep breath in, and exhaled slowly.

 I definitely need to look great tomorrow. Whatever that is we're going to talk about, I need to look great.

 Let Trent see what his missing, my inner thought said.

 I'll be needing to ravage through my closet to achieve that.

 Closet?

 Holy mother of--

 I forgot about Alex!

 I raced through the stairs and hurriedly opened my room. When I opened my closet door, Alex instantly stumbled on me.

 "A-Are you trying to k-kill me?" he said, gasping for air.

 "Partly yes, but still, no," I said holding his arms as he was practically leaning over me.

 "D-Damn it, Sky," he said still inhaling heavily.

 "I'm so sorry, someone was downstairs and he asked me to go out with him tom-", I explained but he me cut off.

 "Whoa, whoa, whoa. So you practically let me almost suffocate to death just because some stupid guy was asking you out?" he said as he stood in front of me, one hand on his neck, trying to regulate his breathing.