CHAPTER 26 - Go Goa... Gone

Karthik made a detour to his house to pack his clothes. He is not sure if he will find Sindhu in Goa but he wanted to try. He informed Tulasi about his idea and started for the long journey in his Hyundai i10 car.

He didn't want to wait until he found a bus or flight; he didn't have that much time.

When he opened Google Maps, he was surprised to know that the distance between Hyderabad and Goa was about 670 to 680 kms; he thought it would be minimum 1000.

And thus began the most boring journey he ever had. Though he was enthusiastic about finding a clue, he still is not sure if he'll find her there. Unlike last time, he didn't have a solid proof that she is there.

But the more he thought about her being in Goa, the more it made sense. She would never go to an unknown place and he didn't know about her aunt until today. May be she went there knowing he won't find her location. Not just that, Goa had beaches which a romantic person like her would love to be at; not that she is on a holiday but still, it can be a preference.

He drove for hours stopping only twice; once for dinner and once to fill the petrol tank. When it was 1 AM, he couldn't control his sleep and stopped the car as his eyes were threatening to close on their own accord. He found a nice spot to park the car and set an alarm for 3 AM; two hours of sleep will be enough to refresh him.

When the alarm buzzed at 3 O'clock, he woke up wearily, brushed his teeth and washed his face before starting the journey.

It was almost 9 AM when he reached the given address; though his GPS helped, he had to ask a couple of pedestrians about the address.

It was an independent house in a peaceful locality that didn't have many houses around. His heartbeat quickened feeling his quest has come to an end and that he has to wait for the end result now.

When he knocked the door, a woman in her late forties opened the door; she resembled her daughters very much from the pic he saw in Sindhu's room.

The woman's eyes widened in panic seeing him and he hoped it was a good sign. If he didn't find Sindhu there, he is not sure he'd ever find her.

"I am Karthik" he introduced and the woman nodded slowly.

"I think we are not properly introduced at my marriage. I am Sindhu's husband" he said slowly, giving a casual smile.

The woman cleared her throat "Yes, I know. I am Padma, Sindhu's aunt. So, what brings you here?"

Though she asked it casually, he detected a hint of fear in her voice.

"You know why I came here auntie" he mimicked her casual tone and her eyes widened in horror.

"I don't think so"

"Oh, I think you do" he said confidently though he was shivering inside.

"Can I come in?"

She nodded slowly as if thinking about something disturbing.

He was soon guided to a chair and he didn't waste a second asking "Where is Sindhu?"

"Why would she be here?" she shot back.

"I know she is here. I can feel it" he said, trying to sound honest.

The truth is, he didn't have any idea of her. He just wanted to persuade this woman into giving any information that might be helpful to him.

The woman looked lost for words and he continued "Look mam. I believe you have two daughters, right? What will you do when one of them comes here from her husband just because of a small misunderstanding! Will you let her stay at your house or advise to solve her problem?"