CHAPTER 29 - Journey II home

Karthik grinned hearing her as he pulled back, gazing into her eyes "I Love you too"

They stood like that, staring at each other when Sindhu yawned.

"Are you feeling sleepy?"

She nodded, yawning again "I have been feeling sleepy all through the ride back home"

"I don't know how you will stay conscious during our journey tomorrow"

She grimaced "I forgot about that. May be if I get proper sleep tonight, I might not feel that way tomorrow"

"Then go to sleep. Its already late" he said, pulling back.

When she went to change in the wash room, he changed his clothes and tossed himself onto the bed.

Sindhu joined a few minutes later, looking tired and worn out.

"What took you so long?" he questioned, pulling her close to his chest.

"I had to remove my makeup" she mumbled wearily.

"Good night" he whispered, kissing her cheek and she drifted into sleep without replying back.

Karthik was surprised to find her sleeping when he woke up at 9 the next morning. She didn't wake up even after he got ready. Not wanting to disturb her, he ventured into the kitchen where Padma was busily cooking.

"Sindhu isn't awake?" She asked, noticing him.

When he shook his head, she chuckled "I guessed so. Poor girl didn't have a proper sleep all these days"

"What do you mean?" he asked casually.

"She said she couldn't sleep because it's a new place although I know that's not the reason" she replied, giving him a cup of tea.

"She is sleeping like a baby now"

"I wonder why" Padma taunted making him smile.

"So.. Um.. We are leaving today"

"Why? It's weekend. You can have fun today and tomorr--"

"No. My friend is alone at our home. We have to go back"

She sighed nodding "Ok then. But you have to promise to come back again"

He smiled "I promise"

"Go and wake her up. She will be on bed all day long if you leave her like that" She said, giving another cup of tea for her.

He thanked and headed back to his room.

Sindhu was sitting on the bed, already wide awake but looking grumpy.

"Good morning" she greeted, tying her hair in a ponytail.

"Morning" he replied back smiling.

After Lunch, they started their journey back home in their car. Though it would be a long journey, Karthik was glad to have Sindhu's company. However, she didn't say a word ever since she got into the car which he felt is so unlike her.

"What happened?" he asked, unable to hide his curiosity.

"What?" she asked slowly, looking a bit shy.

"Why are you so calm?"

"I don't know what to talk" she replied awkwardly.

He smirked "You didn't have that problem before"

"Shut up" she smiled.

After a few seconds of silence, she asked slowly "How is Tulasi? I am sure she will give me a long class"