Chapter 1: Fanboy

Leonardo and Destiny face off inside the dojo, fists raised. Their eyes are narrowed, muscles tense.

"You won't prevail," Leonardo says, voice dangerous.

"I find your confidence adorable," Destiny returns mockingly. "And completely useless."

There's another beat as their legs tense, ready to spring into action.

Destiny whips out a laser sword toy from behind her back as Leonardo produces twin toy phaser guns. He starts shooting, filling the dojo with echoing gun blasts. Destiny pretends to block the nonexistent bullets, racing at him with her sword at the ready.

"HYAH!" she grunts, cutting downwards at him.

"Celestial, how could you do this?" Leonardo demands, stopping her advance by catching her wrists against the barrels of his guns. "I thought we had—"

"That was nothing!" Destiny returns, the same level of drama in her voice. "You are a fool, Captain Ryan!"

He flips her over and she lands hard on her back, sword clattering to the floor with a weak buzzing noise. Leonardo aims his toy blasters at her, eyes glistening with fake tears.

"You have broken my heart," he whispers. "I am sorry for what I must do."

He pulls the triggers and Destiny lets out a short scream as she chokes, shudders, and falls limp. Leonardo drops the guns and collapses to the floor, one hand gripping his head.

"Why?!" he cries, punching the ground. "My love, why? I thought you were the one." He drags her body into his arms and holds her against him as he gazes into the nearest wall. "I will never forget you."

A moment of silence. Leonardo droops his head.

"AND SCENE!" Destiny exclaims, "waking up" from her faked death.

The two burst out laughing, Leonardo rolling onto his shell as he clutches his stomach. Destiny wipes tears from her eyes, tail thumping and wings quivering as she kicks at the ceiling.

"Oh man, Space Heroes LARP is the best," Leonardo says, sitting back up.

Destiny stays on her back, trembling with stifled giggles. "You're so dramatic when you try."

He crawls over to her, flopping onto his stomach at her side as he props his head on his hand. His legs curve back into the air and he flashes a cheeky grin. "The role demanded it, my dear."

She rolls onto her side, mirroring his pose as best she can as she arches an eyebrow. "Oh, I admire your dedication, Captain," she says with a wink.

He leans a little closer to her, eyes glinting, but there's a loud outburst from the doorway and they jolt apart as Michelangelo appears. His eyes are wide, t-phone gripped in his hand, and he looks as if he's about to lose his mind.

"DUDES! Have you seen Donnie?!" he shrieks, breaths quick.

The pair scrambles to their feet and tries to act casual.

"Nope, haven't seen him," Destiny says.

"Have you checked the lab?" Leonardo asks.

"Yes! I've checked everywhere! Even Sari's gone." Michelangelo collapses into a heap, still cradling his phone. "I'm gonna die, bros."

Leonardo leans over to Destiny. "Aren't Don and Sarina out on a date to the military junkyard or something?" he whispers.

"I think so," she returns. She straightens up and walks to Michelangelo. "Why are you going to die, Mikey?"

"YouTube isn't letting me comment! I need to comment!" he says, his baby blue eyes wrought with desperation. "Annalise posted a really cute video about Harry Potter and I need to tell her how great I thought it was."

Leonardo groans as his hand meets his forehead. "Mikey...you haven't even read Harry Potter."

"But still! She made some really good points and I have to support her!" He sits up, gazing at his phone with a lovesick expression. "I'm sorry, Annalise..." he whispers at the device.

"Mikey, she's a Youtuber. She doesn't know you—" Destiny starts.

"Exist, I know! That doesn't mean I don't love her!" the youngest turtle proclaims. "I've watched every one of her videos and re-watched them again after that. I know her. She's amazing!"

"She's also...you know, moderately famous," Leonardo says. "As in, your love is an Internet crush built on adoration."

"Dude, you crushed hard on that one princess from Space Heroes when we were little! At least my crush is real," Michelangelo retorts.

Leonardo pouts, eye-ridges furrowing. "Take that back about Princess Galactica. She was wonderful!"

"Guys," Destiny says. "Let's just calm down before this gets too out of hand."

Michelangelo gets up from the floor. "Yeah, I don't have time for this! I have to post a comment before too many others show up."

He turns and scurries from the dojo, tapping away at his phone while muttering encouragements. Destiny and Leonardo look at each other and shrug.

"Princess Galactica, huh?" Destiny asks. "Wasn't she from some of the really old episodes?"

Leonardo's cheeks darken and he bites his lip. "Little Leo was smitten by her. Besides—"

"Yes! Comments are working! WHOOHOO!" Michelangelo whoops from outside.

"Ouch, Mikey! Right in my ear?!" comes Raphael's response.

"I'm spreading the joy, brother!"

There's a growl and a tiny scream before the pounding of sprinting footsteps fills the lair. Destiny and Leonardo look back at one another.

"Should we...?" Destiny starts.

"Splinter's in the kitchen. He'll stop them," Leonardo says. "We can stay in here and train some more while we wait."

Destiny's eyes light up. "Shell yeah."