54. Your Christmas Gift is your Luck

" It's snowing!" I literally squealed jumping like a kid. Okay prom is like 4 months away and I am going to graduate and here am I getting excited about snow. Way to go Flo!

" Merry Christmas sweetie!" My mom said giving me a warm hug. I hugged her back. She is my world now everything I had.
Well.... She and Fort.

" Thinking out loud.. baby we found love right where we are" Fort walked in twirling me around and singing. I laughed as he pulled me towards him. I kept my hand on his torso and buried my face on his chest inhaling the strong smell of his cologne and his t-shirt.

" Merry Christmas or whatever you mundanes say" He whispered

" Wow yoy can make merry Christmas seem sexy" I grinned touching our noses.

" You both don't even need mistletoes to kiss each other " Mom remarked placing the cake on the table.

I looked at her. She was still masked with gloom but she was trying her best to be happy.

" What abour our gifts!" I screamed in excitement clapping my hands

" Wow.. I thought I was dating a 18 year old not an 8 year old" Fort remarked.

" Come on who isnt excited for Christmas?" I said crossing my arm

" Let's see... Me?"

" You love Christmas too stop acting!"

" Well logically saying it's my first Christmas." I and my mother stood shocked. I realized it was so obvious. He had been in a place where nothing changed. Everything was a dark looming mess.

" My... My Fort.. You don't celebrate Christmas? Why don't you invite your Dad over today! It's a family event we would love to have him too." My mom clapped giving him a smile

I slapped my head. " Mom!" I chided her. I need to tell her to stop bringing his Dad in our conversation.

" Flo it's alright. Mrs Gem , he is a busy man. He probably doesnt know or care I exsist . And I don't mind. I'd like to celebrate my first Christmas with the girl I love. " He said pulling me closer by my waist.

" You both are so adorable it makes me sick!" She said playfully rolling her eyes.

" Fort did you get me a Christmas present" I demanded all of a sudden remembering he should get me one. What? Don't say I am being a brat because... Okay I am being a brat.

He looked at me slightly confused.
" I was supposed to get a present..? "

" It's Christmas. Everyone gifts present!" I laughed hugging him

" Oh... I -I am sorry. I really didnt know Flo.." He replied scratching his head awkwardly with guilt masked on his face

" Oh Fort ! It's alright! Flo cut him some slack! It's the first time he is celebrating Christmas! Well I surely did get you a gift Fort" My mom said patting his head.

" You got me a... gift?" He asked his eyes wide with surpise. " My mum..she gave me a black ring on my 6th birthday... No one ever gave me gifts after that. " He said in a monotone. I bit my lip. The black jade ring was his mum's gift. He gave it to me trusting me with all his memories. He gifted me his memories, his entire life.

" Fort... You don't have to think about being outcast. You have me. You have us" I whispered

" Your mum would have been so proud to see you if she were here. She would have been so proud of both of you." My mom said with a smile. I could see her eyes glisten slightly. I loved how sweet and kind hearted she was. She let me do whatever I do because she trusted me and I never broke it. I would never lie to her. I couldn't. She respected my independence and I respected her norms and requests.