Chapter 27

~Pain~

Lucy's Point of View

I was sitting in some sort of office holding an ice pack against my nose. I hate this. I wish I was back at the Glade, in the Med-Jack hut, with Clint and Jeff.

There were people walking around with boxes of liquids. What are those? People just walked past me like I wasn't even there. Then Rat Man walked in smiling; then his eyes landed on me. He put on a fake frown and walked over.

"How are you feeling Lucy?" He asked.

"He's lucky he didn't break my nose." I mumbled with venom. He chuckled.

"How is this funny?" I asked in anger.

"He was just doing his job. Now if your boyfriend wasn't such a idiot-" I cut him off.

"My boyfriend isn't an idiot. He is one of the smartest people you brought here. He is the reason we got out of the maze in the first place. So if I were you I would shut up until you get some real facts." I said leaving him stunned. A smile just came upon his face, causing me to look at him in confusion.

"Look here missy, your little group of "Gladers" aren't the smartest people here. So since you decided to give me, the person who saved you, a sassy remark, your not eating. Bring her to her room." He said.

"You sure saved me alright." I mumbled.

"What was that? Want to make it two?" He asked. I just looked at him straight in the eye.

"Two days it is!" He cheered sarcastically. "This will teach you to treat the ones who helped you with respect."

I placed the ice pack down on the table I was sitting on and followed the guard in front of me to where I was staying with the Gladers.

He pushed me in and locked the door. I looked around to see none of the Gladers anywhere. Wonder when they will be back.

Later...

I was trying to get rid of the pain of hunger by sleeping when I heard the door open. I slowly got up to see the Gladers come back in. Minho saw me and ran to me, knocking me down in a hug.

"Princess." He mumbled into my hair.

"Hi." I said in a small voice.

"You don't look to well." Minho said getting a look at my face.

"I kinda got into a small argument with Rat Man this morning, he said I couldn't eat for two days." I said looking down at the floor.

"Lucy!" Minho yelled causing me to jump into him. I squeezed on to him, still frightened. He placed me down on the bed, sitting next to me.

"I'm sorry I scared you, it's just that's not right. You can't just not eat. Even if it was an argument he shouldn't do that." He said rubbing my back in circles, calming me down.

"If I can, I steal some food for you ok?" He said. I nodded feeling the pain of hunger come upon me again. I wanted to sleep, to try to get the pain away.

"Minho." I said dragging the o and moaning into his shoulder.

"Hmm?"

"I'm so tired and hungry." I said while getting up.

"I know baby, go get ready for bed ok?" He said. I nodded softly and went to the bathroom. I changed into a long sleeve navy blue shirt along with black sweatpants and socks. I came back out to be greeted by Tommy and Newt.

"Hey Luce." Tommy said happily.

"Hi Lucy." Newt said poking my shoulder. I gave a weak smile. Immediately, I fell into Newt. I was holding on to him for dear life.

"MINHO!" Tommy yelled. Minho came running over and took me out of Newt's firm grip he put on me.

He brought me over to the bed we slept in. He placed me down and ran to get me water. He came back with two cups of water.

"Drink. Now." He said placing the cup against my lips without me giving an answer. I drank the water and finished it. Then Minho gave me another cup, I finished both of them feeling a tiny bit better.

All of the Gladers gathered around to see what was going on. Minho came back, happy that I looked a bit better.

"Did you happen not to drink any water today too?" He asked.

"Possibly." I said quietly. He groaned and kissed the top of my head.

"What do you mean by too?" Frypan asked.

"She got into an argument with Rat- I mean Janson and he told her she couldn't eat for two days to learn from her mistakes." Minho said looking down at me. I placed my head on his shoulder, wanting all of this to be over.

The I remember. I wanted to see what was on the back of Tommy and Newt's neck.

All off the Gladers seems satisfied with the answer Minho gave them and began to pile into bed.

"Tommy, don't go to bed yet. I want to see what is on the back of yours and Newt's neck."

"Ok. I'll tell him."

"Minho. We are figuring out what is up with WICKED. Tonight." I said.

"That's my girl." He said.

"Something to do to keep my mind off of the hunger." I said simply.

When everyone went to bed...

Minho's Point of View

We all were sitting together. We I say we all I mean myself, Lucy, Newt, and Thomas. We haven't told any of the other Gladers yet what we thought was up.

"So." Lucy started. I felt truly bad for her. She must be starving her ass off.

"We need to figure out what is going on." Newt said. Lucy stood up and walked over to Newt. She pulled down the back of his shirt and pushed up his hair.

I was becoming more and more jealous of her doing that to him. I know she is mine but I worry she would go with Newt if something were to happen between us.

She gave a sigh. "You have it too." She whispered. I looked over to see.

Newt
Group A
Subject A5
The Glue
Property of WCKD

She moved on to Thomas's neck when I saw tears streaming down her face.

"What?! What does it say? Lucy!" Thomas said turning around to face her. He pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back. I went over to Tommy's neck and looked.

Thomas
Group A
Subject A2
To Be Killed By Group B
Property of WCKD

I looked over at him with sympathy. He still had Lucy crying in his arms.

"Tommy" Newt started shaky "your supposed to...be killed"

Hello! So I have an announcement!!!!! I am taking Mid-Terms this week and next week so I won't be updating as much as I do. Hope you can all forgive me lol.

Hope you all enjoyed Chapter 27 ~Pain~ Byeeeeeeeee

l🌞