Chapter 39

~Back~

Lucy's Point of View

"So Lucy, since your going to be with us for awhile, you might as well begin to put some work in." Sally told me. She began to hand me boxes to put into vans.

"Do you guys even have an idea of where you are going?" I asked while moving a box full of canned food.

"Yes, somewhere with grass. I'm tired of looking at dead plants and sand all day." She said chuckling.

"Do you have a clue where that could be?" I asked again.

"Hey, I know you worried, but you still have time to find your friends." She said putting a hand on my shoulder. I smiled weakly.

We continued to move boxes back and forth until it turned really dark out. To the point where it was pitch black.

"Another great feature would be a place where the sun doesn't make you look like you went swimming al day." Sally told me as we walked back to where everyone was eating.

It had just come to mind that I haven't eaten all day. Surprised I haven't passed out.

We all sat around a camp fire eating out of cans.

"Is this how the rest of the world could be?" I asked Sally.

"Don't know. Only one way to find out hmm?" She said smiling.

"You know, I don't think I will ever have enough courage like you, Sally." I said.

"Aw." She said putting her hand over her heart. "I feel the love." She said smiling sarcastically

We finished up our canned beans and Sally showed me a new place to sleep. It was in her tenet.

"I had an extra one out these laying around, thought you may want to camp out with me instead of Sam." She said. I smiled and said thank you.

I got myself ready since the sun was slowly going down. I wanted to get up super early so I could find everyone.

I put my head down on the surprisingly comfortable pillow and fell asleep.

......

"Shh! You'll freak her out." Someone whispered. I began to stir which caused them to quite down.

I looked around to see I was back in the Glade? What?

"Hello?" Alby spoke. Alby. He is...alive? What just happened?

"Look at her, she is paler than a ghost." Newt said. Newt. I mentally smiled, still not knowing what was happening.

"What? What happened?" I asked.

"You don't remember?" Newt said. I shook my head no. "You passed out when you arrived. Bloody weird."

"But...but. No, where is Minho? Tommy?" I said.

"How? Do you know my name?" A figure said in the corner. I tried to get a good look when I saw it was Minho. He still looked the same, only a bit cleaner.

"Don't you know me?" I asked confused. "It's Lucy. Lu. You made that nickname up for me. You all know me. Don't you?"

Everyone looked at me shocked.

"Bring her to the slammer. She'll be banished at sundown."

"WHAT! NO! NO! YOU KNOW ME! ITS LUCY!" I screamed at Minho and Newt who came over to me and began to drag me towards the slammer.

Then it clicked. Tommy. Where is he?

"Where is Tommy?" I said.

No answer.

"WHERE IS TOMMY? WHERE IS MY BROTHER?" I screamed. I had drawn some attention from other gladers. They both looked at me like I was a crazy person.

"How?" Newt asked in shock.

"Where is he?" I said.

"He is back yet. He is a runner. I'm assuming you knew that." Minho spoke a bit to harsh. The walk felt like forever, but we eventually got there.

They put me in and walked away.

"Tommy?"

"Tommy?"

"No no please." I mumbled. I was on the verge of tears. "Please remember."

"Tommy please."

"What is going on?"

"TOMMY! PLEASE SAVE ME. CONVINCE THE OTHERS TO LET ME GO!"

"Why do you seem familiar? How am I doing this? Where even are you? Who are you?"

I'm screwed. I'm going to be banished by everyone I knew. Everyone I loved. How can they not remember me? Nevertheless how am I back here?

Was what I experienced a dream? A vision? What are the creators doing?

I climbed a bit to look outside the gate to see the sun had set to fast. It was shining high in the sky only two minutes ago.

Minho and Newt began to walk back towards the slammer. I mentally tried to prepare myself for what was going to happen.

Plot Twist ;)

l🌞