Slender Man

The legend of Slender Man has been extensively covered on this site already – nonetheless, it's such a creepy urban legend that I feel compelled to retell it here. The story of the Slender Man first gained notoriety in 2009 as it spread through the internet like wildfire. The Slender man is an extremely tall, lanky man who wears a black suit. He has deathly thin limbs, and the most terrifying thing about him – he has no face. There are reports that the he also has the ability to stretch and bend his arm in supernatural ways, and that his fingers are long, almost like claws, which he uses to scratch at the windows of his unsuspecting victims.

It is said that the Slender Man is often found in the woods or forests, and if you're out camping or hiking and its past sunset, if you turn around you may catch a glimpse of him, standing motionless in the distance behind you. His victims are reportedly all children, and this is somewhat confirmed by the fact that he has been spotted in the background of photos of young children who tend to disappear with no trace just a short time after the time the photo is taken.

After the myth of the Slender Man became widely known of the internet, people began making connections to older urban legends in other cultures. Similar unnaturally tall, figures have been discovered in cave paintings in Brazil, and in the 1800s, there was a common belief in the existence of someone known only as The Tall Man', who lured children into the woods. There is also a 'Tall Man' in a Romanian fairytale – I'll leave you this is a description of this figure from the fairytale:

"The tall man stood in a clearing, dressed as a nobleman, all in black. Shadows lay over him, dark as a cloudy midnight. He had many arms, all long and boneless as snakes, all sharp as swords, and they writhed like worms on nails. He did not speak, but made his intentions known,"

Slender Man still sketches me the fuck out