The Infestation

if you are scared of spiders, don't read this. I am terrified of spiders and it was so hard for me to read this

A womandecides to take a trip to a tropical location (I think it was Costa Rica). Her plan is to relax and get a suntan during the week that she's there.

She spends the week lazing on numerous beaches, but on the last day decides to take a tour through a forested area. While in the area, she happens upon a secluded waterfall and a quiet resting place, where she decides to take a swim and then dry off in the sun.

  The woman falls asleep while lying in the sun. When she wakes up, she's horribly frightened by a spider crawling on her cheek. She hurriedly brushes the spider away and carries on her way.

A few weeks after returning home, the woman develops a cyst of sorts on her cheek. She goes to the emergency room, where the doctor tells her they will need to pop the cyst to let the fluid escape. The   

woman agrees to this simple and painless procedure. The doctor proceeds. As it's a painless procedure, the woman is not anesthetized. Soon after the doctor makes the first attempt to pop the cyst, the woman hears a gasp and then feels something trickling down her cheek. She assumes it's the fluid. The doctor tells her not to panic. Instinctively, she brings her hand to her cheek to wipe off the fluid. At that point she realizes that it's not fluid, but rather something crawling on her cheek.

Spiders.... hundreds of tiny spiders are crawling all over her face and on her hand!

She lets out a blood-curdling scream and totally loses it.

She is so distraught and out of control that she needs to be restrained by several staff.

To this date, she remains in the psychiatric ward of the same hospital where the procedure took place. Fair warning.