Chapter 1: Arrivals.

It was only a few hours after my departure in New Jersey, my home city, and I've managed a safe but depressing flight into the capital of the United States, Washington D.C. As soon as I'm off the plane I go to fetch my luggage and switch my cell on. Three missed calls, Mom.

I made a mental note to call her once I was away from the sea of people. I then made my way to the taxis outside of the airport. There were many lined up but all claimed to have customers. I was about to call for one when someone crashed into me.

I turned to face the stranger and swear them from Earth to Hell when a string of cursing surprisingly came before my unspoken words. The person turned around and revealed untidy spiked chocolate brown hair, capturing seaweed green eyes and dreamy soft pink lips.

"Did anyone tell you it's rude to stare, sweetchicks?" I arched my eyebrows and disgust met my face. Cheesy nicknames, such a turn off. I was brought back to life with the sound of fingers snapping in front of my face. I blinked fast and looked at him while adjusting my slump posture and the frame of my glasses.

"I..." Oh my flippin' God. I am stuttering. Damn nerves! I could never have a conversation with an unknown male that was along my age group yet I'm one of the most talkative people I know.

"I'm sorry." I was going to walk away but by rational known knowledge I wasn't at fault so my brain overpowered my mouth. "Actually, I shouldn't be the one apologizing because you bumped into me. Your mother should of taught you some manners and you should know when you're wrong. Com-mon-sense idiot!" I dragged it out for dramatic purposes.

His face turned hard, body visibly stiffened and his nose turned red which I found a bit cute. Wait up! Cute? Snap out of it Lex. He's an arrogant... an arrogant idiot!

Without saying another word he stormed off. I couldn't help but smirk as I resumed my call for a taxi. After exactly sixteen minutes and twenty three seconds it arrived.

"Taxi for Miss. Cooper?" The driver questioned. I nodded my head as I put my one luggage suitcase, which was huge, and my laptop bag in the boot. I jumped into the back seat and plugged my headphones on while I was driven to my new campus.

It was terrifying and I couldn't say it with ease. Being new to the biggest university with no family or friends in close reach scared the shit out of me but what can I say, It's been my dream. My excellent grades and well manners got me the best bursary offer, free academics, accommodation and travel allowance. It was honestly a dream come true for the average earning families. My family wasn't poor but they would never had been able to send me off to such a prestiges university with their level of income.

Now I know the University of States isn't such a big deal, but it is one of the highest rated universities in the region and the farthest I was allowed to go so to me, it was a big score. Leaving my best friend, boy- correction EX boyfriend and parents wasn't easy but it was better. Actually, it was very easy to leave Connor, my ex boyfriend.

While in the cab I gave my mother a ring. "Hi, mum." I heard her scream on the other end. "Oh thank God! Your call is half an hour late." I rolled my eyes as I chuckled lightly.
"You'd never begin to think how much busier it is here compared to Jersey. I mean the airport only. It's probably because the holidays are over." I could practically see her smiling maybe I was too.

The world seemed brighter today and I welcomed my new life. My mother and I spoke for a little longer and as if on cue the taxi came to a halt at the university gates. The big entrance gate was intimidating but I brushed my nerves off.

I had to, this was goodbye to the them days and welcome to the future whatever it may hold.

* * * * *

Hiya!!! I'm Livashnee Pillay, aka LP. I love writing and reading.

I had previously published a book that had loads off reads but I wanted to professional publish it so I had taken it out.
Anyway, I know this isn't interesting yet and short, but I promise you it will get better so please add to your library, read, comment, vote and follow. Please enjoy!

The person with the best comment will have a dedication sent out.

PS: Thanks, LP.
Love Lots...

☆Love Lots